Join us as a Senior Risk & Governance Manager
- If you have a background in risk assessment, then join our team in helping to anticipate and assess the potential impacts of risk across the bank
- We'll look to you to proactively drive the assessment and implementation of risk framework and policy compliance and changes, converting these into appropriate strategies and action plans
- In this highly collaborative role, you'll have an ideal platform for building your network and advancing your career, while helping to create a safer environment for the bank
- Other UK locations will be considered for this role
What you'll do
You'll have responsibility for supporting management in their identification and assessment of material risks, and in determining their position relative to agreed appetites. Working with senior stakeholders across the organisation, you'll look to drive forward the development and delivery of remedial action plans where identified risks are considered out of appetite.
On top of this, you'll be supporting a culture of proactive and pre-emptive risk management and continuous improvement, and the attainment of operational risk objectives.
You'll also be:
- Coaching and supporting colleagues across the bank to improve understanding and embed a proactive risk culture
- Analysing risk reporting and metrics used to inform decision making
- Educating teams on the operational risk framework and our conduct risk obligations, supporting the business in operating and embedding them
- Supporting and regularly engaging with relevant stakeholders including second and third line of defence, and risk teams
- Ensuring internal and external stakeholder satisfaction by delivering risk and control actions in a timely manner
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you'll need to be a highly skilled leader with experience of applying risk and control management in an operational and strategic context. You'll also need excellent communication skills in order to lead the team, as well as being able to negotiate with, and influence, stakeholders across an organisation.
You'll also bring:
- Strong knowledge of risk assessment and scenario analysis methodologies
- Significant business and operational experience
35Job Posting Closing Date:
- Location: London; Manchester; Birmingham; Edinburgh
- Type: Full time