Thursday 05 May 2022Salary Range
87,504 - 109,380We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable HoursJob Description Summary
Here in CORSO (Chief Operating & Risk Science Office) we're looking for a Forecast Modelling Senior Manager.
In CORSO we help to deliver our vision by keeping the bank and customers safe while using the power of analytics and technology.
Join us in Forecast Modelling, a highly collaborative team where we develop insight into our portfolios through use of quantitative tools and techniques to forecast the Group's credit risk.
At Lloyds Banking Group (LBG), we have a clear mission to Help Britain Prosper by creating a more sustainable and inclusive future for people and businesses, shaping finance as a force for good. Our mission is everything. It's what drives us, what makes us different and defines how we will grow. It's how we'll create a future where our planet is cared for, people feel safe and included and businesses and communities can thrive.
In LBG we will lead in the bold decisions we will make for the workplace we create. We will search for new ways to work with people, communities and businesses, to always evolve with their needs. And we will never stop innovating to make sustainable, ethical choices easy and rewarding.
We are reshaping financial services so they'll work for Britain, for generations to come.What you'll be doing...
You'll lead and develop a team responsible for the development and maintenance of industry leading Retail credit risk forecasting and stress-testing models, working collaboratively with other teams across Risk and Finance.
The team uses data, models and statistical analysis to understand how the credit risk of the portfolio responds to different economic conditions. You'll be hands on, conducting analysis and communicating results, working closely across teams to achieve our goals. You'll make a critical contribution to our stress testing and forecasting of IFRS9 impairment and CRDIV capital.
- Lead and deliver the development and maintenance of a suite of capital and impairment forecasting models across Retail. Proactively seek ways to improve models, simplify processes and create efficiencies.
- Engaging and partnering with business stakeholders to understand their needs, prioritising resource, building plans and delivering projects to enhance the forecasting and stress testing landscape.
- Provide technical leadership to your team, fostering and supporting the use of innovative statistical and analytical approaches and techniques.
- Commit to learning and to developing others and act as a coach to junior colleagues providing specialist training, advice, challenge and support.
- Input into setting the strategic direction and vision for the modelling team and creating longer term resource plans
- Ensuring that all models are technically sound and meet Group standards, leading interactions with MRAV and Audit. Coordinating the preparation of robust technical documentation to achieve model approval.
- Maintaining the stress testing framework, ensuring that production processes are in place and all implementations of models are fully tested and audited to internal standards.
- Support the delivery of stress testing activities (Group planning exercises, regulatory stress testing submissions, ad-hoc Board requests).
- Champion and pro-actively develop and implement wider initiatives across the team, promote and embody the Group's values and behaviours.
(Note that it is not essential that you have experience in every area to be successful)
- Degree with quantitative content (maths, statistics, operational research, physics, economics or engineering) or equivalent skills derived from commercial experience.
- Excellent knowledge of the fundamental principles of banking, credit risk management and economics and ability to adapt to changes across the Group and external market.
- Solid knowledge of capital regulation and IFRS9 impairment.
- Practical application of statistical modelling techniques and technical methods.
- Experience in design, development and validation of Retail impairment & capital modelling.
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent verbal & written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in team management and development.
We know that 'normal' office hours aren't always doable, and while we can't accommodate every flexible working request, we're happy to be asked.And in return:
It is a very exciting time to join LBG. Together we'll continue our market leading, ground breaking transformation and you'll help us realise the Group's vision to become the Best Bank for Customers. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career.
In addition to the salary quoted (dependent upon location and experience), the position also offers:
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Share schemes
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
Our continued commitment to helping Britain recover means that as a colleague you can make a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
Together we have a key role to play in shaping the bank of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll continue to have opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation
Please get in touch if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you.
So if you have the skills we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you!
Together we make it possible!At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
- Location: London; Halifax
- Type: Full time