Digital Finance (Finance Transformation) - Senior ManagerPosted: 4 May 2022Closes: 4 Jun 2022 London Competitive Permanent & Full-time PwC_328730WD About our team
We support our clients through moments of exceptional change. Whether that is through growth; capital and debt raising; divestitures, stress, and change. We help clients find solutions for their capital markets, accounting & reporting and treasury & commodity related issues. It's a great place to work for those who are looking for an exciting new challenge in PwC and who enjoy working with varied and interesting clients.
We are recruiting Senior Managers to join our fast growing and high performing Accounting & Reporting Advisory Team to support our continued growth plans. This team draws on specialist skills and experience in accounting and reporting to support clients through the challenges their businesses face. We help clients build smarter, more effective, technology enabled finance functions. This is an exciting time to join the team which has aggressive growth plans driven by the change in the regulatory environment and new technologies.
As part of our team you will receive:
- Variety - an impressive list of high profile clients across a range of industries, working with people at a senior and strategic level across PwC teams.
- Opportunity - to deepen your existing commercial and technical knowledge by helping clients through delivery of our services across our finance transformation workstream. Your background in accounting/and technology-led finance transformation, and the curiosity to develop further will provide you with an excellent opportunity to apply and grow your skills. You will get the opportunity to apply a commercial mindset, quickly get to the crux of business issues and deliver commercially "game changing" insight to our clients, enhancing the value of the transformation.
- Business Development - a key component of the role will involve supporting and driving the growth of the business, through involvement in targeting opportunities, building internal / external networks and identifying opportunities to help your clients.
Essential Skills / Experience
- Support - we are a supportive and collaborative team, and are committed to helping our people develop. We empower and trust our people to work independently but with coaching and guidance as needed. You will have regular direct access to senior PwC people as well as an experienced team of specialists
- Qualified Chartered Accountant with a good working knowledge of IFRS, UK GAAP
- Advisory or audit experience
- Good understanding of the workings of a finance function, key issues and challenges faced with relevant experience from global or FTSE 250 organisations
- Good comprehension of core finance processes (e.g. Revenue Recognition, Data management, P2P, O2C, R2R, etc.)
- Desire to learn about cutting edge automation tools to enhance the financial reporting process.
- Ability to take initiative to solve new and complex problems
- Ability to manage time, prioritise tasks and produce deliverables of a high quality
- Knowledge of finance Core ERP Technology ( e.g. SAP, Oracle) and Cloud Finance solutions ( e.g. S/4HANA, Oracle Cloud, Workday)
- Experience with assisting business development activities through working on bids and proposal responses
- Experience of working on accounting change or finance transformation projects and acting as the accounting and finance subject matter expert.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with internal and external stakeholder groups
- An ability and desire to learn new skills working in unfamiliar industries/environments
We're a leading provider of trust in the digital world - in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today's business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: The Deal
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have 'The Deal'.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: Diversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.If you would like help and advice about applying for this role please visit the Career Hive