The Imperial Brands business is going through an period of transformation and the Company has set an ambitious and exciting vision for the future. Global Consumer Office is at the core of the future of the organisation and the focal point for growth, with driving data driven consumer centric strategy. As part of the wider GCO function, this position will be working closely with Innovation, NGP, Insights & Intelligence and Science functions. In addition, working with Heads of key regions AND Group Finance to provide a commercial lens to all aspects of M&PM activities.
As Finance Business Partner - Marketing & Portfolio Management (M&PM) and Regional Marketing, this position is one of partnership to the M&PM Team and responsible for; managing the commercial aspects, financial performance and long-term growth of the marketing investment and portfolio management. This role will report directly to the Finance Director - GCO and to the Global Marketing & Portfolio Director, Regional Marketing Directors. The role will have a global, strategic focus beyond financial management and analysis and responsible for ensuring M&PM achieves commercial objectives including; improvements of efficiency and effectiveness of marketing investment and strategic portfolio management of groups of combustibles business. Instrumental in providing financial insights, the Finance Business Partner will enable the Global Marketing & Portfolio Director, Regional Marketing Directors to identify and drive levers of optimal portfolio and combustibles portfolio innovation, drive efficiency and effectiveness improvements of consumer marketing, multiregional brands and regional M&PM spends.
Operational and Strategic Activities
• Acting as a trusted partner to the Global Marketing & Portfolio Director; driving performance, leading commercial and operational ad hoc projects to ensure the attainment of objectives.
• Partner with Leadership Teams to optimise investments to ensure the achievement of financial targets.
• Work closely with categories to be able to respond effectively to emerging customer and market trends.
• Provide portfolio management with business cases and initiatives management incl. cross-region initiatives in optimisation of those
• Actively provide financial guidance for I2L process for combustibles initiatives in E2E, stage gated approach
• Partner brand management in delivery & spend efficiency and supporting with financial inputs to toolkits
• Advice and provide guidance to central marketing spend effectiveness and its allocation
• Support multiregional Brands management • Provide required financial information on the consumer journey from financial point of view
• Advise and make recommendations on marketing effectiveness measurements and its alignment through a consumer lens
• Support Centre of Excellence in setting and evolving best practice guidelines and standards of consumer marketing and brand management from finance lens on it
• Make recommendations on the maximisation of efficiency of cross category strategic partners • Translate of central strategies, efficiencies and effectiveness drives in conversations and challenges with clusters and markets for the Regional Marketing team
• Provide visibility and communicate the indirect matrix performance of the global marketing & portfolio team
• Provide visibility and communicate the different cuts of the performance and profitability of combustible brands, marketing initiatives, portfolio initiatives in a way agreed by KPI's
• Effectively communicate financial positioning to a non-Finance audience.
• Play a key role in the wider finance transformation agenda
• Partner with GCO FP&A Team
• Make sure the area is working under proper governance as expected by Imperial Brands Group
• Support any audits in the area
• Drive quality of data improvements in cooperation with GCO FP&A Team, Group and RCM Finance Teams
• Stewardship of M&PM P&L for Global Marketing & Portfolio Director - E2E
• Play an active role in the M&PM Leadership Team
• Play an active role in the GCO Finance Team
• Role models Imperial Behaviours and leadership qualities KPIs
• Delivery of the M&PM objectives
• Performance manage spend of the area inside of the agreed budgets [OPEX, CAPEX]
• MS% in Tier 1 markets in line with must win battle targets
• Brand awareness, preference and adoption Stakeholder Management
• Ensure a collaborative approach to partnering with the M&PM Function
• Maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders, including Regions, Clusters, Markets, GSC, CSF, Finance, IT and other external third parties.
• This role acts as a critical connection between Group Finance, M&PM and GCO Clearly articulate the financial performance and achievement against objectives to a wide audience
Skills & experience:
· Proven experience in finance reporting/commercial rolls in large, ideally from the FMCG sector, with a proven track record of delivery
· Relevant university/finance/management qualifications
· Highly commercial
·Exceptional influencing skills at senior level
· Strong financial analysis and problem solving skills; able to identify strategy
· Experience of leading, modelling and developing business cases in a similar sector
· Highly collaborative and able to work effectively in a matrix organisation
· Intellectually curious, externally focused, able to develop independent perspective based on facts and have conversations around opportunities, risks, issues, and solutions
· Ability to deliver against shared commercial objectives
· Excellent communication, presentation and strategic thinking skills to engage and influence.
· Excellent quantitative and qualitative skills; being able to analyse data, draw conclusions, identify trends and issues, and diagnose root cause of issues.
· Strong customer orientation: ability to build and manage a successful business partnership.
· Results-driven, strong performance orientation.
· Fosters teamwork, creating a work culture that values collaboration.
· High professional integrity
· Able to see the bigger picture, overcome barriers and problem solve to resolution
· Able to build partnerships/keep relationships on all levels and deliver through coordination across a variety of business/departments and functions
What we offer:
Imperial Brands offers a competitive package of salary, bonus scheme, pension and 25 days holiday (with an additional 4 days on top to cover the Christmas period and bank holidays).
Interested applicants should apply with their CV highlighting their suitability for the role