Independent Chair and Scrutiny Lead for Hampshire Safeguarding Children Partnership;
Isle of Wight Safeguarding Children Partnership; Portsmouth Safeguarding Children Partnership; Southampton Safeguarding Children Partnership and the HIPS LSCP Executive Board.
Three-year contract (subject to review on an annual basis).Job Role
To provide objective scrutiny and challenge to ensure that local multi-agency safeguarding arrangements operate effectively across Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth, and Southampton.
To provide assurance to relevant Local Safeguarding Children Partnerships in each of the four areas that all relevant organisations and agencies cooperate to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children in the local areas.
To ensure there is appropriate collaboration between the four LSCPs. To ensure that quality assurance and learning into practice does not occur in silos and to identify system learning is shared across Hampshire, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth, and Southampton (HIPS).
To provide objective scrutiny and challenge of the effectiveness of local multi-agency arrangements.
To work independently of, but closely with, the statutory safeguarding partners as set out in Working Together 2018 and in the Local Safeguarding Children Partnership Arrangements for each area.Essential
- Knowledge of Safeguarding Children Partnerships
- A sound knowledge of strategic and operational safeguarding
- An in-depth understanding of the statutory requirements for LSCPs (WTSC18)
- Knowledge of recent developments in health care, social care, policing, and legislation and research underpinning child protection work.
- Experience of working within a Senior Management role with strategic responsibility and oversight for safeguarding children.
- Extensive experience of developing strong and productive
- Educated to degree level in a relevant field (e.g. social work, education, health and public policy) or equivalent by work experience.
Connect2Hampshire, part of Hampshire & Kent Commercial Services LLP, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.