Investigo are partnered with a global real estate investment company based in the city. This represents a unique opportunity to learn and develop at an organisation with over $1trillion of assets under management worldwide. They are looking to bring in a bright junior accountant to join there team. Overview of the Role
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial management of investment properties
- Provide support to the respective Finance Managers and Asset Managers
- Close interaction with regional offices globally and assisting with all reporting requirements
- Hands on involvement with reporting, cash flow management and process improvement
- Indirect management of third party service providers
- Assistance with the preparation of year-end audit files
- Rolling over and preparing statutory accounts for dormant entities
- Assisting with distribution calculations
- Assisting in the Preparation of accounts and financial reports at board meetings
- Preparation of VAT returns and tax analysis data
- Assisting with CIS filing
- Preparation of loan compliance covenants
- Preparing data for MSCi and INREV filings
- Preparing rental reconciliations, reviewing bank reconciliations, calculation of net asset value
Technical Skills & Qualifications Required
- Compliance with filing and reporting legislation to ensure all deadlines for preparation of income tax, VAT, filing of accounts, etc. are met
- Posting journals to accounting software.
- Coding invoices to Basware.
- Calculating and checking to make sure payments, amounts and records are correct.
- Day to day accounting issues
- Provide assistance to the Finance team
- Part-Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) or top degree in STEM subjects
- Property/Fund accounting experience or interest.
- Good knowledge of Excel including a desire to develop those skills
- Team player - Close liaison with fund management and other areas of the finance and operations team, as well as external advisers
- Excellent interpersonal skills - to deal with investors and external contacts
- Good organisational skills and ability to work to, and sometime implement own processes
- Communication & presentation - Clarity of presentation of information to boards and internal and external clients/investors as appropriate
- Teamwork/Commercial - Support the other members of the team in their relationship with various onshore and offshore third party suppliers
Please apply with a copy of your latest CV to be considered for this position.