Our client is Europe's leading corrugated packaging company and one of the leading paper-based packaging companies in the world - an industry leader with 46,000 employees globally, 350 production sites around the world, with locations in 23 countries in Europe and 13 countries in the Americas.
People are at the heart of this organisation and they are constantly working towards creating a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and succeed. Diversity makes sense for them, for their customers and for their future. They value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of their communities.This Company is
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet their essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for their valued colleagues.
Our client currently has an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manager to join the team at the site in Aldershot. Reporting to the Production Manager, this role will be responsible for driving forward, improving and managing all maintenance aspects of the business.Key duties of the role include:
Key skills & knowledge:
- Drive the achievement of efficient performance of the maintenance department
- Develop and manage the preventative maintenance system and support budget adherence to provide machine reliability
- Advise Senior Management on production requirements and capital investments
- Monitor and record resource and energy consumption data and statistics
- Support the plan of work load and set priorities for maintenance and contract personnel
- Ensure maintenance knowledge of the department is of the highest standard
- Ensure a zero tolerance to unsafe practices is enforced
- Ensure excellent maintenance relations and efficient supplier relationships
- Support selected suppliers to ensure best technical and quality performance
- Bring together and manage multi-functional teams to ensure role objectives are fulfilled
- Facilitate communication and share best practice with other sites and Group functions
- Contribute ideas/vision to enhance the efficiency of the business
- Ensure that daily, weekly, monthly and annual targets are achieved
- Ideally 5 years' engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Certified electrical engineer with appropriate qualifications.
- A desire to be both hands on and a leader at the same time.
- Can be "tough-minded" when required and carries sufficient credibility and gravitas when dealing with business.
- Demonstrates empathy and patience when appropriate.
- Can manage budgets within cost parameters.
- Has key understanding of manufacturing needs in relation to efficiencies, quality and budgets.
- Needs to be an effective and positive communicator.
- Must have good analytical skills.
- Must be a decision maker.
- Must be an effective "self starter".
- Must be able to understand drive towards change.
In return, a competitive salary is on offer alongside a performance related bonus and training and development opportunities.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our clients team, please click "Apply" now and follow the on-line application process.
Closing date: 6th June 2022