The Team & Focus of the Role
At Fisher German our people and clients are at the heart of what we do. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading Rural Client Accounts team in a role where the focus will be the financial management of a portfolio of clients and the properties held within the portfolios.
This will include responsibility for specific ledger balances and associated financial transactions, reporting the financial data directly to the client with commentary and supporting documentation. The role will also involve liaison with external clients and internal clients such as asset managers and property managers.
This is a full time position based on 37.5hr, Mon-Fri 09:00-17:30.
Duties will include:
- Charge raising, demand generation, receipts processing.
- Cashiering, banking and credit control.
- Supplier payment runs and issuing remittance advice notes.
- Resolving supplier queries and responding to routine enquiries promptly (emails, telephone calls, etc).
- Performing bank reconciliations of client bank accounts on Propman.
- Regular Client Statement reporting.
- Sorting and filing all related documents and supplier invoices.
- Assisting Directors, Senior Client Accountants and Surveyors in all aspects of accounting and property related work.
- Working closely with the wider Property Management team to ensure a smooth and robust client service delivery.
- Managing the Client relationship to ensure Client needs and requirements are met.
- Managing the data held on the Propman database and putting in place robust processes to ensure accuracy.
- Making payments via Internet Banking.
- Reviewing client statements/ period end reporting.
- Assisting with some level of administrative and office duties
The successful candidate will have...
- Familiar with basics of property accounting concepts in addition to a good understanding of double entry accounting
- Good Excel Skills
- knowledge of Propman or equivalent Property Management software
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with the confidence to interact and deal with surveyors/clients/3rd Parties
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise, with excellent time management skill
- Strong attention to detail, be diligent and precise in how you deliver work
- Need to be able to take ownership and multitask
- Able to prioritise, work under pressure and hit tight deadlines
- Able to adapt in a fast paced, constantly changing work environment
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
Why Fisher German?
We've been around for a while, but it doesn't mean we are behind the times! Across our office network we offer a hybrid working approach to help our colleagues design their working day to suit their diaries. Some days you might be in the office enjoying a collaborative team day, and other days might see you focussing on project work at home. Wherever you choose to work, you'll be part of a social and digitally connected workforce with the chance to get involved in a variety of activities, like sports events, pop-up bars, BBQs, CPD days, live leadership updates on Zoom, picnics in the park and lots more.
What's not to love? We work hard but we also have lots of fun! If that sounds like something you would enjoy, then please get in touch.
We have a history going back as far as 1830 but have been Fisher German since 2000. We operate UK wide advising and managing a range of client portfolios with national visibility across all the 6-property market sectors; rural, commercial, development, residential, infrastructure services and sustainable energy.
Bring Yourself to Work
It's simple really, we are passionate about what we do, and we want you to be driven to succeed with us. For this to happen, you need to feel supported and included which is why we're proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer.