Production Manager role based in Bolton. Working for a well established, high volume manufacturing company.Client Details
Our client is a well established, high volume manufacturing company based in Bolton.Description
The purpose of the role is to be the lead for Production teams and OEE improvement projects as part of the Operations team on site. The role will work with the Design, Quality and Production Engineering manager and will lead on-site initiatives to improve Operational KPIs. The strategic aim of the role is to build the UK production team foundations by strengthening Production/Operational basics.
- Ensure the achievement of customer delivery, quantity and quality requirements.
- Review short and long term Customer and Company requirements and devise appropriate budgets and
- objectives, taking into account the need for Continuous Improvement
- Ensure customer requirements are fulfilled for delivery, quantity and quality requirements
- Manage the introduction of new projects to site, liaising with Customers and Suppliers as required
- Devise and set section budget plans, considering short and medium term objectives and targets
- Produce and maintain production section budget plan ensuring targets set are achieved
- Ensure Production Department Budget Plan / Targets are fed down to Section Level Targets and Objectives
- Plan, organise and develop the required personnel, equipment, facilities, materials and budgets, to ensure
- achievement of the production section budget plan
- Ensure monitoring and reporting systems are in-place to track status of plans against targets.
- Monitor data and actual status and take proactive action as required.
- Report and document overall Departmental Performance against plans.
- Ensure a continuous / JIT approach to improvements is utilised and promoted.
- Recruit staff and organise equipment and facilities.
- Manage staff and develop / train as required
- Manage Staff Training and Development, predominately via the PMS process.
- Hold regular communication meetings
- This role requires an individual with a proven production leadership background, ideally with experience on the wider aspects of production, quality and planning operations in a highly demanding market.
- Experience in a Managerial or lead Engineering, Management position, in a Hi-Tech and High-Volume Manufacturing Environment is essential.
- Market sectors to be considered are those containing high volume production processes such as Food, FMCG, medical devices, automotive, electronics as well as any other high speed manufacturing process.
- You will be able to demonstrate the ability the develop, train and up-skill your team wherever possible.
- You will have demonstrable skill in implementing Six Sigma methodologies and / or lean, continuous improvement techniques.
£45,000 to £50,000 plus car allowance, bonus and benefits.