Delighted to be supporting a prestigious international law firm in recruiting a Management Account (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) up to 2 yrs PQE to work in this business-facing role where you will work with the Busines Functions directors on accounting matters.
What you will do:
Key responsibilities and challenges
1. Accountable for the accurate and timely recording of transactions relating to specific Business Teams. This involves calculating and posting into SAP the relevant month-end entries, as part of the London and Global Head Office monthly accounts process. This requires working closely with senior managers, managers and budget holders in those Business Teams to gain a thorough understanding of the cost base, and also to be made aware of any developments that may affect the accounts.
2. Advise the Business Teams of their financial position on a regular basis. This involves the preparation of detailed monthly expenditure analysis and commentaries, requesting explanations of variances where necessary. This includes reconciling and analysing General Ledger accounts and also carrying out headcount analysis.
3. As the main point of contact within Finance for one or more Business Teams, the roles are responsible for providing the Business Teams with all aspects of accounting support. This will involve providing technical financial advice, which may involve financial modelling, advising on the firm's policies and procedures, as well as resolving any specific issues they may have. Advising on appropriate accounting treatment and making recommendations.
4. Provision of support to the relevant Business Teams during the planning and reforecasting processes. This involves explaining the process and timetable to them, working with them to resolve any issues, providing advice, assisting in calculations, inputting into the budget model and helping them complete the processes in a timely manner, as well as reviewing all inputs for completeness and accuracy.
Prepare variance analysis and obtain explanations from the business team as to the reasons for significant movements. Discuss issues with the Senior London Finance Manager and assist in challenging budget submissions.
Prepare any additional analysis as required and prepare the senior management teams within the functions for their moderation meetings with the Global COO and Global CFO.
5. Shared responsibility for the supervision, training and development of trainee accountants in the team. In addition, the roles will have responsibility for supervision of and involvement in one or more of the following : Fixed Asset accounting, including monthly depreciation calculations, budgeting depreciation calculations and maintenance of the FAR, Project accounting and reporting, P&L and balance sheet reviews and reporting, including supervision and review of balance sheet reconciliations, Projects analysis, premises & local recharges, cashflow maintenance and reporting, Fee Deal Accounting, Claims provisioning, ONS returns, statutory accounts preparation, I/O recharges, as well as assisting in variance analysis and other ad hoc exercises in respect of the London Office as a whole.
Skills and Experience sought:
Qualified Accountant up to 1 yr PQE
Confident and self-assured manner. Robust in the face of challenge. Diplomatic.
Audit experience (Essential)
An understanding of statutory accounting procedures
Experience of month-end procedures, management accounting and reporting and budgeting preferable
The ability to write and explain complex, numerical issues in a clear and concise way to non-finance experts
A competitive salary, bonus and benefits package is on offer for the right candidate along with a fantastic work/life balance and hybrid working with the ability to work 50-80% on the office and the remainder from home.
Please don't hesitate to apply if you feel this could be the right role for you.
A referral bonus of £500 is payable for a successful referral.