Are you looking for a new role as a Production Manager? Do you want to work for a business that is growing at a rapid pace with lots of opportunity for the future? If so, this could be the role for you!
This role will drive production competency to enable cost effective translation of R&D discovery into a pilot-plant scale. The successful candidate will be a natural leader, and will establish a smooth production process while ensuring the safety of our product to consistently deliver value for our customers.
- Manage day to day production activities
- Establish our clients powder and liquid mixing capabilities at larger scales
- Supervise and assist in scaling protein production using microbial expression systems at bench- to pilot-scale, overseeing the upstream processes
- Supervise personnel for executing weekly fermentation schedules at 2L-50L scale
- Overseeing the quality control of ingredients, compositions and equipment
- Overseeing the downstream processing of the product, including freeze-drying, packaging, labelling and ensuring product safety
- Work across traditional and high-throughput systems at multiple scales
- Building out an efficient food-safe system aligned with FSSC 22000
- Implement and oversee rigorous documentation for QC and mixing processes
- Manage production inventory
- Continuously improve operational workflow by monitoring efficiency and quality of each step of the process, including equipment, personnel, resources and performance reporting
- Educational background in bioprocess engineering, chemical engineering, biochemistry, biotechnology or bioengineering
- Significant expertise in commercial biotechnology, pharmaceutical powder mixing or food protein manufacturing at bench- to pilot-scale
- Experience as a technical leader in process development and optimisation of downstream recovery and purification, with expertise in a broad range of relevant unit operations and separations technologies
- Familiarity with centrifugation, cross flow filtration, and spray drying a plus
- Experience with major production steps including lyophilisation, mixing and different QC methods
- Experience in establishing and/or overseeing food GMP based on GFSI guidelines is a plus
- Experience with ISO22000 and pharma cGMP is a plus
- Good communication skills and be comfortable with handling simultaneous tasks
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.