Our client, an Engineering company based in Bacup, are currently recruiting for an Accounts Manager to join their business. This SME business needs someone to be the sole point of contact for the accounts for the company.
Duties of the role include:
- Producing monthly accounts up to trial balance
- Double entry bookkeeping
- Understanding the profit and loss and balance sheet
- Assisting the external accountant at year end
- Main point of contact for all purchase ledger duties including processing invoices, dealing with supplier queries and statement reconciliations
- Preparing weekly supplier reports to assist in payment runs
- Credit Control duties including chasing customers for outstanding payments via letter and phone
- Allocating payments to customer accounts and raising credits where necessary
- Assisting Directors with day-to-day administration work
This is a very hands-on role where you will be an integral part of the business therefore you must have previous experience where you have been the sole point of contact for accounting. You need to be able to work on your own initiative, work to tight deadlines and have excellent attention to detail. You need to be a friendly and confident communicator who understands the importance of this job role within a small business.
In return for your experience, you will receive a competitive salary, 20 days holiday raising to 25 days plus bank holidays, good pension, and free onsite parking.
If you have the above skills, please apply to Tammy Smith now.