Engineering Group Leader - Days£47,000 Per Annum + Bonus and BenefitsDays Mon-Fri
gap technical are proud to be representing our client who are one of the TOP 25 companies to work for in the UK. They are looking for an Engineering Group Leader. The role is predominately focused on manageing a engineering team driving plant reliability through planned maintenance activities, Root Cause analysis, problem solvingPeople Management
- Strong leadership is essential for this role, with excellent coaching skills to develop the skills and abilities of the team.
- Identifying skills gaps and developing training matrix's for team
- Supports and Leads improvement projects of cross functional teams.
- Ensure statutory maintenance work orders are completed on time and feedback in CMMS
- Manages and coordinates contractor activities through PTW's.
- Supports and leads as directed the implementation of world class maintenance methods
- Use data analysis to look at trends in performance
- Leads Root Cause Analysis for reliability and quality improvement
- Leads practical problem solving to minimise downtime with team members
- Develops PM work orders and schedules for assets in CMMS
- Develops calibration/centre lining standards for critical assets
- Responsible for Improving maintenance and asset KPI's, through agreed projects
- Leads critical spares analysis for assets
- Maintains spares and improves life cycle of components
- Undertakes design out activities with members of their team
- The job holder will be responsible for planning and allocating work for the PM & R team and ensuring work is completed to a high standard by their team
- Ensures maintenance interventions on critical assets are tested prior to production runs
- Ensures man hours are recorded for maintenance work.
ApplyPlease send your CV and call Alex at gap technical on
- NEBOSH general Certificate - (Desirable)
- HNC in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Continuous Improvement experience
- Supervisory qualifications/experience 5 years +
- The job holder reports to the maintenance manager and is responsible for planning, coordinating and controlling maintenance and engineering activities throughout manufacturing to ensure asset performance, reliability and quality is guaranteed and improved
- Deputise for the maintenance manager when required.
- The job holder will lead a team of engineering personnel and indirectly the maintenance activities of operators in the delivery of world class asset care with the highest standards of safety.
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 22/05/2022