Job Title: Senior Quality Manager (19969) Location: Derby Salary: £55k - £60k Job type: Full Time permanent The Role:
You will lead the site's quality team to support business development and growth, and to promote an ethos of quality throughout the company through the establishment and implementation of quality systems and procedures in line with the requirements of the Company Quality Policy.
In addition, you will ensure the business has effective processes and controls in place, in order that the business achieves the highest possible levels of customer satisfaction, including a reduction in PPM, scrap waste and material usage savings.
Duties & Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Lead a team of Quality professionals throughout quality assistance and quality control and audit functions
- To manage the internal and external audit programme, including preparation and completion of audits to AS9100 and NADCAP and customer specific requirements.
- Support, develop and improve the relationship with our quality contacts within our customer base;
- Instigation of 8D activity following customer concern and delegation of work to team thereafter
- Identify area for quality improvements
- To conduct root cause analyses, SPC and other appropriate quality tools and techniques to ensure that the manufacturing processes meet customer requirements
- Utilisation of six sigma/ lean tools to increase efficiencies and improve site quality
- To work within cross functional teams to support business development, growth and
- improvement projects as required
- 5+ years of experience within Aerospace
- Excellent knowledge of quality systems management and implementation with particular focus on AS9100 & NADCAP
- Experience in lean/problem solving tools such as 8D, Kaizen (Continues Improvement) process
- Experience in customer facing for quality related products / issues
- Knowledge of machining, fabrication and special processes.
- Strong leadership and communication skills covering all levels of the organisation
My client is a leading international manufacturer of aerospace finished components who operate over £50million turnover. They employ over 2000 people worldwide, across 17 world-class facilities.