Taylor Hawkes are working with one of the leading music specialist firms of accountants and tax advisors in London. Our client, provides accountancy and taxation services to music industry clients, who have enjoyed continued growth in recent years and now has departments specialising in tax, touring, recording, publishing, business management services for artists and managers, and royalty audits. Our client is seeking an Accounts Assistant to join the Business Services Department.
The successful accounts assistant will be responsible for business management which involves managing the day to day running of the clients' affairs, liaising with clients, management of clients' cash flow, raising sales invoices, debtors collection etc.
- Maintaining the books and records for Limited companies, LLPs and sole traders.
- Cash Book and Bank Reconciliation;
- Sales Day Book, Sales Ledger and Debtors Ledger
- Booking Agency Statement Reconciliation
- Purchase Day Book, Purchase Ledger Control Account
- VAT Returns and workings.
- Corresponding with the banks regarding opening up of new bank accounts, confirmation of balances and receipt of documents
- Arranging payment of authorised purchase invoices, to include: o preparing transfer documents;
- Setting up Internet payments.
- Assisting other members of the department with any ad hoc projects that may arise
Skills & Qualifications Required
- Working knowledge of Xero & Sage
- 1 years+ working in the an office environment ( entrainment desirable but not essential )
- Ability to multi-task;
- Good use of time management;
- Attention to detail;
- "Go - with - the - flow" attitude; i.e. ability to be able to change the plan in order to accommodate urgent matters which may occur during the day;
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication with staff and clients, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work to deadlines;
- Ability to work well with others.