Role/ResponsibilitiesThis role is responsible for providing analyst support within the Strategy Development function, including: developing analysis relating to the insurance market, sales and financial budget/performance, supporting the Strategy Board and associated governance, supporting analysis of potential acquisition/partnership targets and working on broader strategic initiatives as required.
Strategic & Financial Analysis
• Work with key stakeholders evolving strategic, sales and financial analysis to support business needs and respond to prioritised analysis requests.
• Develop, maintain and evolve strategic analysis (e.g. using Power BI), including:
- Sales & finance budget (and historical analysis)
- Market sizing
- Existing products (pricing, clients, geography, market segments etc.)
- Existing clients (products, X selling etc)
• Manage "single source of the truth" datasets that can be used within the Insurance OU and engage with owners of datasets (e.g. Sales, FP&A, Data Solutions etc.) to access datasets on a regular basis and resolve any queries.
• Implement processes and procedures to maintain and update data sources, databases etc. in a timely and accurate manner and mitigate keyman risk.
General Strategy Development Support
• Consolidation of analysis and documentation to support the Strategy Board and other relevant governance.
• Consolidation and communication of Insurance OU product roadmaps.
• Supporting innovation activities.
• Supporting other strategic activities within the strategy & marketing team.
Market Intelligence & Stakeholder Engagement
• Provide analyst support in the assessment of the insurance market, including competitors and their offerings to the market.
• Develop company analysis for review at different stages in the acquisition/partnership process. QualificationsTechnical
• Proven ability to synthesize research and data to develop analysis to support strategy development.
• Experience with planning and project management.
• Experience working with data & analytics and utilizing that information to drive tangible recommendations.
• Knowledge/comfort level with data visualization tools such as Power BI (depending on the opening this may or may not be included)
• Knowledge/Comfort with data modelling.
• Expert knowledge of Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
• Strong analytical skills and research capabilities, with ability to deal with large data sets.
• Condenses ideas, analysis and concepts into impactful presentations, and presents to management in clear manner.
• Exceptional problem solving capabilities, determines and identifies specific cause of underlying problems and proposes innovative solutions.
• Experience working with, managing and developing senior key stakeholder relationships.
• Ability to work independently or in a small team against tight deadlines.
• Superior time management ability and demonstrated experience as a self-starter
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Consistently strives to deliver beyond expectations.
• Solid experience in a strategy, product management, marketing, financial modelling or market research role in financial services industry or serving the financial services industry.
• Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) in a mathematical/business related discipline, graduate/second-level degree (e.g. MBA, Master's) an advantage.
• Understanding of insurance market an advantage.
Our team's approach stands out from our competitors. We take our expertise and find ways to package it into a product which offers our customers standardized solutions. The core of our business today is delivering actuarial modelling to insurers. We provide timely insight with control and consistency, enabling effective decision-making, and reducing operational risk and cost. Our diverse team of actuaries, software engineers and product managers are committed to maintaining high-quality customer engagement.
Job Req ID26506BREntityMoody's Analytics (MA)Line of BusinessInsurance OU (Insurance OU)Regular/TemporaryRegularCityEdinburgh, London, ManchesterJob CategoryOperationsJob Sub CategoryOperations AnalystExperience LevelExperienced HireWorking at Moody'sMoody's (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody's combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com.
At Moody's, we're taking action. We're hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We're educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversityEntityMoody's Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients' growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today's business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.EEO PolicyMoody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.Securities Trading Policy (STP)Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.Full / Part TimeFull-Time MIS RegionEMEARegulatory RegionGBRPosition TypeNew Primary Location Code38200Primary LocationEdinburgh - 7 Exchange Crescent (38200)