Procurement Senior Manager | S4 | Procurement | Milton KeynesMilton Keynes, United KingdomWHAT YOU WILL BE DOINGJoin our community.
The Professional Services Category Efficiency Lead will lead the respective category team in assisting SanUK to achieve its cost to income targets. The category team will achieve this by acting as a first call of professional advisory support within the business, assisting them in achieving their desired outcomes at best possible total cost of ownership. The category team are the business units key contact to understanding their route to supply, cost drivers and opportunities. They liaise across the organisation to generate a full and accurate category demand, providing analysis on movements from this in the actual demand, and recommendations in how to enhance the banks cost position. The category team act as an expert reference point for the banks cost management process and the external market. The difference you'll make.
· Ensuring stakeholders understand the end to end cost picture of the category and how their decisions can impact the banks cost position
· Challenging cost drivers and seeking to reduce the cost position of the bank through effective expenditure management.
· Acting as a final decision maker on supplier choice and accepting the responsibility for ensuring the supply chain and contract are capable of addressing business need.
· Partnering with Organisation colleagues to ensure the make-buy decision is understood and documented
· Assisting the business with translating business need into market ready specifications which allow market competition.
· Providing full transparency of all challenges, risks and opportunities within relevant categories What you'll bring.
· A wealth of experience within category management of legal services, professional services and consultancy.
· Experience of leading outsourcing related procurement activity, building effective business cases for outsourcing and managing the procurement process from idea to execution. It would also be nice for you to have.
· Able to undertake complex analytical/modelling techniques; deal with complex issues and able to undertake special be-spoke analysis when requested, building value generating business cases.
· Excellent influencing, senior stakeholder management and prioritisation skills
· Understanding of digital advancement initiatives within cost management functions
· Multi industry experience What else you need to know.
We offer a Hybrid working approach How we'll reward you.
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
· Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
· Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
· 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 31 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
· 6,000 car allowance per year
· Company funded individual private medical insurance
· Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
· Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
· Share in Santander's success by investing inour shareplans
Learn more about our benefits and family friendly policies #ThePlaceToBeYourself - Everyday Inclusion at Santander
We are committed to making sure all our colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people, so we welcome applications from across society.
You can find out more about how we're embedding an inclusive culture that encourages our people to bring their full and authentic selves to work on our Inclusion and Belonging page. A bit more about Santander
At Santander we're driven by our purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.This means we help customers to create change for themselves and those around them, and we champion businesses to grow sustainably. We do this by always living our values of Simple, Personal and Fair.
At Santander, we each take personal responsibility for managing risk by embracing the I AM Risk framework - to Identify, Assess, Manage and Report risks, and to continuously build a deeper understanding of the risks we face. It is an important part of our culture at Santander and we will provide you with knowledge to help you manage risks in your role What to do next:-
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply.
Why not join our talent community where we'll keep you updated with all the latest news and job information? Simply register your details on our careers site, 'Join our Talent Community'. WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Location: Milton Keynes
- Type: Full time