Job function : Accounting and financial controlMain location : UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Avon-BristolSchedule : Full-timeWorking pattern : StandardSalary : Competitive with great benefitsClosing date : Jun 3, 2022, 11:59:00 PM
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
There are two things that we want to share with anyone considering joining us.
Firstly, we've got big ambitions for our colleagues and the future of the organisation. These include our vision that inclusion and accessibility drive every conversation we have and every decision we make. We want our workforce to fully represent the communities and customers we serve, because a diverse business is a better business. We value every colleague, their diversity and the contribution that they make. When we say you're welcome at BT, we really mean it.
Secondly, the one thing the pandemic has taught us is that a lot of current and future colleagues, where and when possible, want to embrace hybrid working. Therefore, we are introducing smart working at BT. Smart working means having the flexibility to choose, as a team, how and where you work depending on your team's deliverables and needs; when you are at your shared core location to connect with others and when not. It may not be for every role, and, as part of the recruitment process, you'll have the chance to discuss smart working and how it might work for the job you are applying for.About this role
BT Finance has embarked upon a radical transformation journey to make sure we're fit for the future in a competitive market. Over the next three years, we're committed to continuing to improve our global operational and financial performance to drive sustainable growth in value and deliver on the necessary cost savings we have to make to invest in our future. We are entering a pivotal time for our new BT strategy, where Group Finance is in a position to role model the changes that we need the broader finance organisation to make. We are already underway in reshaping our finance operations capability, focusing on end to end processes to encourage standardisation and support the creation of an effective control environment.
The record to report process is a key part of delivering our financial commitments in a timely and reliable way. This role is key to ensuring the effective ongoing management, continuous improvement and control of relevant areas within the record to report process including recommending objectives and target state KPI's, identifying and prioritising opportunities for improvement and managing risks.You'll have the following responsibilities
You'll have the following skills & experience
- Recommending objectives and target state KPI's for relevant areas of the record to report process and partnering with operational process owners to identify, prioritise and support delivery of process improvements
- Assessing the extent to which process outputs meet the needs of stakeholders and proposing improvement actions.
- Supporting a strong controls culture
- Support the SFM Record to report in the development and implementation of the controls and Finance Process roadmap and deliver against the agreed plan
- Responsible for establishing & maintaining close working relationships with all teams involved in the areas and host regular operational meetings
- Support operational teams with skills in process excellence, change management and problem solving to enable achievement of required outcomes
- Qualified Accountant e.g. ACA, CIMA, ACCA
- Matrix working: Comfortable working in a large organisation where activities are managed according to a matrix structure. Able to work collaboratively and manage own time to meet deliverables.
- Communication: translating complex business and technical process into clearly understandable documents and presentations. Ability to tailor message to the relevant audience, distilling key messages without losing the appropriate level of detail
- Technical Mindset: ability to understand, dedupe and explain complex IT systems
- Analytical Mindset: ability to cut through swathes of information and pull out key messages/themes, identify issues / root causes, diagnose and/or solve problems
- Ability to Challenge: bias towards bold and confident thinking, challenging the status quo where appropriate
- Pragmatism: able to deal with ambiguity, identify resources to implement and determine pragmatic solutions
- Prioritisation: able to prioritise work and work independently on core deliverables
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 10% on target bonus
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Option to join the Healthcare Cash Plan or other benefits such as dental insurance, gym memberships etc.
- 50% off BT and EE mobile pay monthly or SIM only plans
- Exclusive colleague discounts on our latest and greatest BT broadband packages
- BT TV, including BT Sport and the NOW Entertainment membership, and 25% off NOW Sport, Cinema and Kids
- 30% discount for friends and family on EE mobile pay monthly and SIM only plans
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!