- Manage production of monthly financial and commercial results ensuring compliance with internal and external requirements and providing insightful analysis on variances, working with tight deadlines with a high degree of quality
- Partners with Senior Management team to optimise performance.
- Manage production of budgets and long-term forecasts.
- Production and reporting of cash flow forecasts
- Manage risk and opportunity within the Project and supplier contracts
- Support internal and external audit processes.
- Manage the profit improvement plan, tracker process.
- Review the risk register & assess financial and commercial risk.
- Manage the KPI reporting for client reports & application to payment for any deductions.
- Manage relationship with Ofgem & licensees to reclaim government incentives.
- Monitor supplier onboarding for ethics & fraud within internal control processes.
- Attend client and SPV meetings to ensure deliverables across finance and commercial are met.
- Manage a team of 4 - Commercial Officer, Finance Assistant, Commercial Assistant & Business Support Assistant.
- Build strong and effective relationships with both internally and externally
- Flexible approach to the role and the project as a whole to be able to view the entire project and not just the commercial and financial obligations.
CIMA / ACCA qualified accountant with broad post qualification experience in a similar roleSkillsExperience
- High level of experience of month end close procedures
- Good working knowledge of SAP finance processes (desirable)
- Can demonstrate ability to work in a busy operational environment and business partnering experience
- Experience in PFI contracts (desirable)
- Managing and developing a small team
Within Waste Treatment, we use state-of-the-art technology to make the most of rubbish and reduce the amount being sent to landfill. From recycling materials; composting; and mechanical biological treatment to energy from waste (EfW) facilities creating better environments. In a single year we process 300,000 tonnes of waste that is turned into energy. This generates the same amount of energy as approximately 600 million solar panels. Similarly we recycle circa 95,000 tonnes of waste. Both Milton Keynes and North Yorkshire bring together three different technologies on one site - mechanical treatment, anaerobic digestion and EfW. This allows us to extract any organic and recyclable materials (such as plastic and metals) which have been placed in with general, non-recyclable waste before using the rest to create energy. In Cambridgeshire we offer a range of treatment capabilities from our 400-acre Waterbeach Waste Management Park, providing services as part of partnerships with local authorities and directly for businesses and residents.
In 2021 we achieved the following:
- Exported 205 GWh of electricity to the national grid - that's the same energy that 600 million solar panels will produce
- Recycled 95,000 tonnes of waste - that's the equivalent to all the waste generated by the city of Aberdeen in one year
- Diverted 313,500 tonnes of waste from landfill into energy generation - that's equivalent to offsetting 10,000 tonnes of Co2 or the same effect as planting 2,000 trees in a year.
Position: Finance Manager
Job Family: Delivery Waste
Milton Keynes, Home Counties, United Kingdom
21 Apr 2022 - 05 May 2022
Contract Type: Permanent