Job DescriptionFinance Business Partner,Derby.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Finance Business Partner
to join Rolls-Royce Submarines in Derby. You will act as Finance Business Partner
for the Defence Contracts from a Government accounting perspective and as such will play an active role in Programme reviews to advise on the implications of regulatory requirements on cost recovery and profit setting as well as reporting and overall compliance with the Regulatory requirements Provide considered Business insight into the Defence Programmes and share those across the wider Government Finance Team so that the Centre of Expertise develops and offers real value to the Defence Sector.
The Government Finance Team is responsible for ensuring that for Government business Rolls-Royce plc maximises cost recovery and profit within the laid down conventions and regulations for pricing non-competitive UK and US Government contracts whilst managing key relationships.
We offer a competitive salary and exceptional benefits including bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts
Powering the submarines of today and building solutions for tomorrow has never been more important. We're a leader in propulsion system design and development for the Royal Navy's nuclear submarine fleet and the sole provider and technical authority.Pioneer an ocean of power to protect
Join us and we'll provide an environment where you can be yourself. An inclusive, digital-first culture that invests in you, gives you a platform for continuous learning, and access to an incredible breadth and depth of opportunities to grow your career.
You will be responsible for e
stablishing a Centre of Expertise for all aspects of Government Accounting & SSCR compliance servicing the whole of the Defence Sector, additionally:
- Develop an agile capability, including all aspects of stakeholder management, that is capable of supporting Defence Sector compliance with the regulatory requirements of Government Accounting and SSCR
- Simplify Government Accounting processes across Rolls-Royce;
- Develop and deploy a robust training, awareness and communications programme for the capability across the Rolls-Royce business;
Join us & Power our futurePioneers of Power
- The job holder must be a professionally qualified accountant with substantial experience in Financial and Cost Accounting and Government Accounting, ideally having experience of both the UK conventions and the US Federal Acquisition Regulations or qualified by substantial experience in Financial and Cost Accounting & Government Accounting (6+ years)
- Work without close supervision using initiative and original thought are essential.
- Present concisely written and oral arguments to senior management.
- Communicate views, discuss options, and negotiate satisfactory agreements with senior officials of the Company and MOD is also required.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We're committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we'll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential. You can learn more about our global Inclusion strategy here.
So that you can be your best at work and home, we'll consider flexible working arrangements for everyone, in any role.
To work for the Rolls-Royce Submarines Business an individual has to hold a minimum of an Security Check (SC) clearance
without any caveats to that clearance. Rolls-Royce will support the application for Security Clearance if the individual does not currently already have this in place.
Due to the nature of work the Business conducts and the protection of certain assets a person has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non ITAR country.Closing date
: 18th May 2022Job Category
04 May 2022; 00:05Summary
- Location: Derby; Bristol
- Type: Full time