Description Position at GroupM SCOPE AND OBJECTIVE:
The role of the GroupM EMEA Finance Manager supports the Finance Controller/Finance Director in leading the EMEA region finance reporting function to ensure our markets are delivering accurate and compliant financial reporting. The ideal candidate would have a hands-on pro-active approach with the ability to do the role with minimal supervision. This role will particularly suit someone who is looking for a challenging career within a corporate, head office finance environment. This is a high-profile role within GroupM globally and for the right person there is enormous scope for advancement in GroupM and wider WPP Group.
GroupM consists of a number of agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker and m/Six media investment groups, as well as specialist agencies including Xaxis, Essence and mPlatform. GroupM experiences significant growth, both organically and through acquisitions, and is a fast paced and complex business - amplified by the volume of entities (circa 350 across GroupM EMEA). KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Line management and mentoring of 2-3 members of the GroupM EMEA regional finance team of varying levels/qualifications and functions.
- Help review (along with the other Finance Managers/Senior Finance Managers) the EMEA region's monthly consolidated reporting, quarterly forecasting, annual budgeting process, and year end completions for WPP.
- Review team deliverables prior to submitting regional results to global head office:
- Review of analysis prepared by the finance team with the assistance of the Senior Finance Managers/Finance Managers.
- Review and interrogation of country results for accuracy before reporting to GroupM global head office.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Provide accurate guidance on reporting issues to both local teams and the regional team.
- Provide business insight and commentary to senior management on key issues affecting the region.
- Build a relationship with local teams in the EMEA region to aid a successful working partnership.
- Ensure compliance with WPP and GroupM Global reporting policies.
- Help drive reporting process improvement within the regional finance team and local teams.
- Ensure integrity of the EMEA balance sheet in all areas.
- Adhoc projects as and when required.
- Keep the regional FC, FD and CFO updated on all matters of significance - key aspect 'no surprises'.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) 3+ years PQE.
- Experience in industry preferred, preferably at a regional level.
- Ability to identify and solve IFRS and management accounting issues.
- Strong analytical & Excel skills.
- Experience in managing staff preferred.
- Experience with consolidation software (e.g. SAP BFC or Hyperion HFM).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with media industry a distinct advantage, but not essential.
- Foreign languages are an advantage although not essential.
- An outgoing, tenacious (non-aggressive) personality.
The successful applicant will have a hands-on pro-active approach, with the ability to get the job done with minimal supervision.REPORTING:
This role reports into the GroupM EEMA Financial Controller.REWARD:
A competitive reward package will be based upon the appointed individual. COMPANY PROFILE
GroupM is the leading global media investment management group serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM's primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP's media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, and proprietary tool development. GroupM's focus is to deliver unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.
Discover more about GroupM at
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn -