Description About this role
BlackRock's business is investing on behalf of our clients, from large institutions to parents and grandparents, doctors and teachers who entrust their savings to us. We are committed to our clients-period. Our promise is to offer them the clearest thinking about what to do with their money and the products and services they need to secure a better financial future.
That's why investors of all kinds have made us the world's largest asset manager, entrusting us with trillions of dollars, and it's why companies, institutions and global governments come to us for help meeting their biggest financial challenges.
We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. Come join our team and experience what it feels like to be part of an organization that makes a difference.
We are searching for an individual to join the global Thresholds team within the broader Legal and Compliance function. The Thresholds team is responsible for managing legal, regulatory and compliance challenges that derive from the size of BlackRock's investments. You will have the opportunity to work across functions to help answer some of the most interesting and complex questions that are critical to BlackRock's future. In this role you will:
- Provide day-to-day advice to investment teams regarding the impact of ownership limits;
- Partner with, and provide legal guidance to, the operations teams responsible for making substantial shareholder and related filings with regulators;
- Identify and analyze regulatory and legislative changes impacting reporting requirements and ownership limits in jurisdictions across the EMEA region;
- Engage with issuers and regulators to discuss investment constrains and secure approvals and/or relief from ownership limits; and
- Manage routine matters such as, regulatory inquiries, issuer queries, etc.
You should demonstrate initiative and accountability, possess excellent analytical and communications skills, be able to coordinate work across different business functions while remaining adaptable, have strong interpersonal skills and confidence presenting complicated issues to senior business managers and investment teams in an understandable way, and be able to work creatively in a fast-paced environment. You may also be responsible for outside counsel engagement and management.
This position will be located in London.
To ensure success, you will possess the following:
- An understanding of asset management built through five or more years of in-house compliance experience at a financial services firm; if the applicant is a qualified lawyer, five or more years of combined law firm and in-house experience;
- Intellectual curiosity and a willingness to challenge established thinking;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and an ability to bring a commercial and solution-orientated approach to your work;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills that enable you to convey complex concepts in a clear and simple manner;
- A consistent track record of relationship-building skills working as a member of a diverse team with varied experiences and strengths; and
- The ability to prioritize numerous demands and simultaneously manage multiple time-sensitive matters in a highly organized manner.
Experience in connection with substantial shareholder regulation, ownership restrictions or regulatory notifications is preferred. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.