Manager, Corporate Finance & Financial Risk
The Manager, Corporate Finance & Financial Risk is part of the Group's centralised Corporate Finance & Financial Risk team, providing advice and counsel on a broad range of strategic and operational topics in the financing and financial risk area.
The Manager, Corporate Finance & Financial Risk is a key role within the Corporate Finance & Financial Risk team and reports to the Director, Corporate Finance & Financial Risk; the role is part of a team of 3 direct reports and works closely with the Director, Corporate Finance & Financial Risk to support deliverables operationally and strategically in the following area:
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Capital structure: perform the strategic planning of the Group's balance sheet resources encompassing both equity (share buyback, share issuance and dividends) and debt financing in the bank and debt capital markets.
- Corporate finance: assess, plan and implement Group financing structures.
- Financial risk: identify and manage, within policy, the Group's financial risks (FX, interest rates and liquidity) and working closely with the Group's Risk function
- Business partnering works within LSEG to partner with the business and provide the Treasury expertise required to support the business and functions at the centre and in the countries where the Group operates.
Key Behaviours & Skills Required to be Successful in the Role:
- Support the Director, Corporate Finance & Financial Risk to provide advice and recommendations, to the Group on capital structure and financial policies, incorporating appropriate analysis, discussion and support to meet the Group's financial objectives.
- Keep up to date with developments in the equity and debt capital markets as well as in the banking space.
- Help manage the Group's intercompany funding structures.
- Build and maintain appropriate financial model capable of incorporating plan and actual data and projecting future financial condition and ratios to support and test capital structure proposals.
- Support the set up and maintenance of debt programmes and assist with issuance and structuring to ensure the Group makes use of the optimal financing solutions and support the management the Group's debt programmes.
- Support M&A activity related to treasury functions, including, due diligence and treasury integration.
- Support the analysis and monitoring of the Group's strategic financial risks including fixed float risk and FX strategy and prepare the Group's strategic cash/debt forecast
- Support the execution of debt investor engagement strategy.
- Support the Director, Corporate Finance & Financial Risk with financial modelling and analysis
- Maintain good relationships with the Group's banking partners
- Partner with the business to support commercial and in country strategies
- Engage with external professional bodies or peers to be up-do-date on latest thinking and practice.
- Ensuring compliance with internal controls, policies, and procedures.
- Proving support for adhoc projects across the Group e.g., legal entity rationalisation, movement of billing locations, new regulated entities and requirements etc.
- Contributes to the development of LSEG treasury standards, policies, and procedures.
- Degree (or equivalent) and/or relevant professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/ACT)
- Strong modelling and analytical skills
- Experience in Corporate Finance & Financial Risk/Treasury or related field
- Finance professional with wide experience, strong analytical and interpersonal skills and the ability to influence at all levels within the organisation
- Ability to support complex projects across Treasury and the business
- Experience dealing with financial institutions and other external stakeholders at a senior level
- Effective communicator in both written and oral with ability to articulate and present facts and ideas.
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise - and our purpose. You'll be part of an organisation of over 25,000 people, spanning 70 countries. We recognise the individual perspectives each of our colleagues brings, and our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths. In supporting collaboration and creativity and encouraging new ideas across a diverse and inclusive workforce, we can improve how we are driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) ("We") may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.
- Location: GBR-London-10 Paternoster Square
- Type: Full time