In Deals we solve the important problems that stand in the way of value being created, sustained, realised or protected for our clients - working together to aid responsible recovery and growth.
We put together major mergers and acquisitions and resolve business crises - from international take-over bids to financial crime investigations and cases of insolvency. Our teams work on iconic deals with national and global clients as well as operating and investing in businesses, new ventures and entrepreneurs in our local market and communities. It's both a responsibility and a privilege to guide our clients through moments that matter deeply to them. Our breadth of clients in an ever-changing market means we need to be agile - responding when we need to, in a way that really makes a difference.
We draw upon our deals experience across many industries to support and partner with our clients, to positively impact society and the communities in which we operate. The insight we create, coupled with the innovative tools and methodologies we use to access and evaluate the data that matters, contributes to the success of our clients in all Deals situations. We encourage our clients to think more broadly - connecting their actions today with their successes tomorrow. We help our clients throughout the Deals lifecycle to create lasting value for their businesses.
Each of our key areas within Deals, delivers services to the market individually or together by combining our specialists to provide comprehensive client solutions.
The EUMI team is part of IPS & EUMI within DDV, an inclusive team
working on a variety of client engagements, primarily assisting private
equity houses and large corporates through the Deals process, with a key
focus on Value Creation. We have the opportunity to work with firms of
varying magnitude across a broad range of industries including Oil & Gas,
Power & Utilities, Chemicals, Renewables and Mining & Metals.
Our 40+ team comprises of professionals from a variety of backgrounds
including career-consultants and managers from industry. Our industry
hires typically have direct operational experience however we welcome
diversity of experience in our hires.
The job may require some degree of travel however as a team we are
committed to PwC's New Deal, which is built on two-way flexibility and
trust.As a Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Pre-deal value creation advisory looking for value in a deal on behalf of our clients, and exploring whether full value potential has been both identified and accurately quantified.
- Providing operational due diligence on both the buy and sell sides.
- Identifying or reviewing synergies available as the result of a transaction and assessing plans for their realisation.
- Supporting divestment of subsidiary businesses and Day 1 readiness for the carved-out entity.
- Assisting the purchaser with 100 day planning, taking control of the new entity and delivering quick wins.
- Helping our clients on the integration of their acquisition, in order to deliver the value identified pre-deal, reduce risk and successfully merge the two organisations.
- Post acquisition performance improvement using proprietary Rapid Value Creation methodology.
- Other non-transactional products to support clients to maximum value e.g. zero based budgeting.
Managers lead either smaller projects or individual workstreams within
larger programmes. You will be expected to take a leading role on
engagements and manage junior project team members within 6-12
months of joining, whilst contributing to business development efforts in a
manner appropriate to your project responsibilities.Skills and experience
- Operational management/leadership or business transformation experience in a corporate environment.
- Experience providing professional services to the EUMI sector.
In addition to;
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to engage and communicate with senior business leaders.
- Excellent quantitative and written skills, able to build analyses or an evidence base to support a position, often in situations with imperfect or incomplete information.
- A healthy curiosity, coupled with a disciplined approach to understanding and solving problems.
- Able to work from first-principles and stay focused on the 'why' when performing analyses or reviewing documentation.
- Comfortable under pressure and managing through ambiguity to deliver tasks in an environment where there are many unknowns.
- Adaptable, and up for the challenge of mastering new industries and developing experience in a wide variety of product types.
- Capability or willingness to develop skill in data analytics e.g. Alteryx, PowerBI, Tableau.
Our Deals business is an exciting, fast-paced and an ever-growing business that focuses on deals and crisis situations for our clients. Collectively, we deal with the types of situations you hear about regularly in the news and we provide support, insight and analysis to the management, shareholders and financiers of business.Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.The Deal
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have 'The Deal'.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.htmlDiversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.