Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and, when the box arrived, wondered how it got to you so fast? Have you wondered where it came from and how much it cost Amazon to deliver it to you?
Our Finance teams don't just manage our books; they help drive the company forward by partnering closely with global cross-functional teams to support the growth of this rapidly expanding network; driving controllership, innovation, productivity, and cost-effective operations across the network in a fast-paced environment. You'll employ data analysis to ensure your partners and leaders have the most up to date, reliable information, working collaboratively to make the best possible financial decisions. You'll make a huge impact, not just on the bottom line performance of your Fulfilment Centre, but on the overall customer experience, making history whilst having fun along the way!
We are looking for Finance Analyst within Amazon European MOD finance network. This role focuses heavily on partnering with the business and driving financial and data excellence. Additionally, the role will be highly matrixed with other finance teams, and will lead key metrics and deliverables for reporting and planning with pan-European scope.
Our candidate should be passionate about using data to solve big, complex and ambiguous problems. The ideal candidate should be eager to continuously learn and improve their skills. You should be attentive to which details make all the difference.
As part of the MOD Finance team, you will join a team that is passionate about numbers, data, and how to use them to generate insights and improve our business. We support and influence the organization by providing a holistic and financial perspective, we are the trusted business advisors. We collaborate with our partners to ensure leaders have the most up to date and reliable information, and work with them to make sure we are making the best possible decisions.Basic qualifications
- BA or BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering, or any similar discipline with a clear analytical bias,
- You've gained significant, relevant experience in similar business analyst positions,
- Demonstrable financial acumen, including deep familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis, as well as in root cause data interpretation,
- Advanced-level proficiency in Excel; you're comfortable with macros, pivots, lookups and more,
- Experienced with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos): you can provide recommendations for strategic decision-making,
- You're comfortable performing ad hoc financial analysis using data reporting tools
- Demonstrable problem-solving ability, alongside previous analyst experience, particularly in root cause analysis,
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented, you possess a strong business sense,
- You combine your professional competency with an ability to develop new ideas, and creative solutions: you also have a track record of implementing these to great effect,
- Organised multitasker: you prioritise your workload, enabling you to meet tight deadlines, while achieving results, especially in a fast-paced, high-growth environment,
- You're a proven communicator, with excellent presentation skills when working with multiple peer groups and varying levels of seniority,
- Previous analyst experience in the financial side of manufacturing, logistics or distribution centre processes is a nice to have.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.