We're Kingfisher. You might know us as B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama, Brico Depot or Koçtaş. We're made up of 78,000 passionate people, call 1,300 stores home and operate in 8 countries. That's right, we're big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. And that's where you come in.
We're recruiting for a forward-thinking qualified accountant to join our Group Property team based from either of our Paddington or Southampton office, with hybrid working. Your role will be to support the Group Property team in providing analytical support to maximise global opportunities and clearly articulate the financial benefits and risks associated with each activity. You'll provide the operational link between the local property teams and central functions to facilitate the timely, robust and accurate flow of data on business performance and the long-term plan.
ResponsibilitiesWhat you'll be doing:
- Provide financial support to our retail banner property finance teams
- Support on the annual store performance review by providing insights into the performance of our stores, identifying areas of improvements and action planning for these
- Be responsible for the Kingfisher Property Database (KPD) monthly process for IFRS 16 lease accounting, ensuring the correct controls are in place
- Support the monthly reporting and forecasting process by reviewing property capital expenditure, preparing both a monthly pack and property pipeline report
- Lead the budget review and post investment review processes and identify and present key findings where appropriate
- Support the GIC process such as new property business cases and opportunities for lease renegotiations
- Provide support with the energy performance tracking to support our company sustainability objectives
QualificationsWho you are:
- Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA, or CIMA
- Experience in reporting and forecasting and creating monthly packs
- Detailed understanding of Excel and a desire to improve these skills further
- Ability to communicate effectively with finance and non-finance personnel of differing levels and work as a part of a high functioning team
This is an exciting opportunity to join our global business. In return, we provide an inspirational working environment, a competitive benefits package and opportunities to stretch and grow your career. Interested? Great, apply now and help us to Power the Possible!
- Job ID: 2022-5156
- Operating Company: Kingfisher Group
- # of Openings Remaining: 1
- Category: Finance
- Position Type: Permanent
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Job Locations: ENG-London | ENG-Hampshire-Southampton
- End Date: 22/05/2022