Job function : Financial planning and analysisMain location : UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Avon-BristolSchedule : Full-timeWorking pattern : StandardSalary : Competitive + Excellent BenefitsClosing date : May 18, 2022, 5:59:00 PM
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
There are two things that we want to share with anyone considering joining us.
Firstly, we've got big ambitions for our colleagues and the future of the organisation. These include our vision that inclusion and accessibility drive every conversation we have and every decision we make. We want our workforce to fully represent the communities and customers we serve, because a diverse business is a better business. We value every colleague, their diversity and the contribution that they make. When we say you're welcome at BT, we really mean it.
Secondly, the one thing the pandemic has taught us is that a lot of current and future colleagues, where and when possible, want to embrace hybrid working. Therefore, we are introducing smart working at BT. Smart working means having the flexibility to choose, as a team, how and where you work depending on your team's deliverables and needs; when you are at your shared core location to connect with others and when not. It may not be for every role, and, as part of the recruitment process, you'll have the chance to discuss smart working and how it might work for the job you are applying for.About this role
This is a key role within our Group Financial Planning & Analysis function with responsibility for working closely with Customer Facing Units (CFUs) and Corporate Units (CUs) to understand Cash & Working capital performance and provide meaningful insight and analysis to senior stakeholders within BT Group.
This role has full ownership of the period end Group Cash & Working capital process, which includes supporting and challenging each of the individual CFU/CU results, successfully distilling and communicating the key outcomes to senior financial and non-financial stakeholders (including Group CFO, ExCo and Board), as well as ensuring that the required standards of financial governance and control are consistently applied.You'll have the following responsibilitiesReporting & Analysis
Process Improvement, Transformation & Change Management
- Ownership of the Group FP&A cash management databook covering CFU and Group cashflow, reconciliation of normalised free cash flow to Net Debt and variances to key comparators
- Lead the period end reporting process for Group Cash & Working capital ensuring variances to key comparators are well explained and understood
- Lead the production of high quality Cash & Working capital related financial outputs for the ExCo, Board and other internal stakeholders
- Own the preparation of quarterly information packs (with inputs from Group consolidation) providing insight and analysis to both Investor Relations and External Reporting to support results announcements
- Lead provision of support and training to CFUs and CUs to standardise and continuously improve working capital, cashflow and specifics reporting and analysis
- Identify and implement opportunities to streamline and improve Group driven Cash & Working capital reporting processes whilst also driving simplification
- Establish strong integration and alignment between Cash Reporting and Planning activities
- Lead efforts to drive improved financial alignment between CFUs, Group Billing / AP and Group Treasury via the cash countdown process used by Group FP&A to track Group cash performance at each quarter
- Represent Group FP&A at the Accounting Steering Group leading on issues relating to Group cash flow and Corporate entities
You'll have the following skills & experience
- Own the Group Adjustments entity, preparing forecasts and analysing variances to actuals
- Own the reporting & planning processes for Leases and Group allocations
- Provide high quality ad-hoc support and analysis as required
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to communicate analysis in a simple way
- Strong stakeholder and prioritisation skills
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to produce high-quality outputs in MS Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to operate and influence within a highly matrixed environment
- Working knowledge of SAP - Desirable
- 15% on target bonus
- 5500 car allowance
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Generous Pension Scheme
- BT Share Plan
- Discounted BT products including TV, Mobile and Broadband
- Flexible working arrangements
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!