Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Gatwick, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham, Reading, Southampton, St Albans
Job descriptionYour opportunityCentral Business Services (CBS) is where we deliver world-class business support services for our people, our clients and our firm.
From HR services, technology and digital support and pensions, to facilities management, and more - together we are a true enabler for better business. Highly skilled, experienced service delivery professionals, we have complete responsibility for processes that drive efficiency and deliver impact. Not just for our internal customers, but for the clients Deloitte works with too. We're transforming what it means to work in business services; join us and you'll experience a career full of fantastic opportunities
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.Your role
Play a key role in the management and reporting of risk across the 9 service areas within CBS including:
Your work, your choice
- Supporting the effective embedding of an appropriate risk management culture including lines of defence across all services areas
- Supporting the risk identification and assessment process, ensuring management have a clear and continuous view of the risk exposure for CBS
- Ensuring we have the right processes, reporting and governance in place to monitor and mitigate risk
- Ensuring appropriate risk assessments are undertaken for any new services in CBS to document key process risks, controls and dependencies
- Ensuring documentation of key process risks, controls and dependencies and establishing an appropriate testing framework
- Liaison with other Enabling Functions (EFs) on risk matters where there are interdependencies
- Liaison with the Enabling Functions' Quality, Risk & Security Partner and team to ensure a consistent approach across all EFs
- Working closely with the firms Risk partners to ensure an appropriate risk framework and approach is developed and implemented
- Monitoring and updating of the business continuity plan as required
- Supporting on the major incident management process as required
- Partner with our central privacy team to ensure sufficient oversight and remediation of any privacy risks as they arise
- Advocating operational resilience; building and maintaining strong relationships with senior stakeholders across all lines of defence to ensure successful delivery and embedding of operational resilience
- Managing diverse tams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full time basis.Your professional experience
- Strong experience of implementing, maintaining and evolving risk management controls, processes, supporting documentation and reporting including, but not limited to, risk frameworks and operating 3 lines of defence
- An understanding of professional services
- An understanding of shared services and/or the services we provide namely: client engagement support; HR services; Workplace services; IT services; marketing services; service management, continuous service improvement, vendor management and business support services.
Skills and Capabilities:
- Builds long term trust-based relationships with stakeholders and influences and uses highly developed influencing skills to drive impact, often in complex situations
- Acts as a trusted advisor to and projects confidence with stakeholders at all levels
- Ensures that all communication is logical, convincing and aligned with risk management goals
- Encourages a strong culture of proactive risk management
- Makes decisions and recommendations based on fact and utilising appropriate risk frameworks
Qualifications and Experience:
Your service line: Enabling Functions
- Relevant and appropriate qualifications in risk management
- Strong financial acumen
- Working with senior stakeholders across multiple functions
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to share and define our approach to risk management
At Deloitte, we're all about making an impact that matters, together. And nowhere is this moreapparent than among our 2,000 strong Enabling Functions teams. With our combined specialist skills and business partnering expertise, we provide all the essential strategy, support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. So not only will you be providing world-class support to our internal clients, you'll be making an impact for all the hugely influential organisations Deloitte works with too. Covering all our distinct areas: Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Central Business Services, National Quality & Risk Management, Technology & Digital Services, and Real Estate, the opportunities here are vast. And what's more, you can grow your career in whatever direction you choose. We'll support you all the way. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.About DeloitteOur Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL RTWPROG SLICSS BAMKTG BAITEC BAMKTG BAALLI