The Tax Manager will be responsible the execution of the key business objectives, managing business risks, developing new product/operational capabilities and developing key client/partner relationships across the Corporate & Investment Bank.
This position is an opportunity for a suitably experienced candidate to join a dynamic organization and gain exposure to businesses and colleague's firmwide. The role requires the successful candidate to be physically in the office a minimum of three days a week.
The successful candidates key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leadership of a Tax Operations teams in Bournemouth supporting the Corporate & Investment Bank "CIB"
- Partnering with the Tax Operations Leads globally to execute tax services for CIB clients
- Design, communicate and execute operational multi-year roadmap for the organisation
- Act as the senior escalation point for the CIB business
- Ensure a strong and stable operational environment with robust controls, checks and balances
- Ensure a client-centric approach is core across the organization
- Ensure a consistent focus on the people agenda - soft-skill coaching and technical training, talent management and retention, clear succession plan and critical activity coverage, rewards and recognition
- Ensure a clear, regular and consistent communication plan through the region
- Represent the Client Tax Operations Utility in regional management/business forums and industry working-groups, where appropriate
These points have been considered as desirable but not essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect some of these for your application to be considered.
- A relevant Degree and/or equivalent industry experience
- Able to demonstrate extensive operations management experience with teams in multiple countries/jurisdictions
- Able to demonstrate strategic planning and execution skills
- Able to discuss experience of client service and relationship management communicating complex issues with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to demonstrate strong analytical skills to review evolving market practices, assess oversight metrics and results, and identify trends.
- Able to demonstrate high emotional intelligence, with sound networking and influencing skills to help the Client Tax Operations Utility be effective
- Able to demonstrate strong communication skills
- Able to give examples of your risk awareness and operational control experience within financial services.
- Able to discuss your process improvement experience, where you clearly articulate ideas, concepts and procedural changes to clients / stakeholders
- Able to give examples of your problem solving skills and experiences
- You will have proven experience within an arena where accuracy is critical within strict deadlines.
- IOC, ATT or other industry related benchmark qualification
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world. Operations teams develop and manage innovative, secure service solutions to meet clients' needs globally. Developing and using the latest technology, teams work to deliver industry-leading capabilities to our clients and customers, making it easy and convenient to do business with the firm. Teams also drive growth by refining technology-driven customer and client experiences that put users first, providing an unparalleled experience. Full time