An award-winning and international Theatre Production company, responsible for a long list of successful productions across the globe is looking for a Finance Business Partner to join their business. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a hugely creative business supported by a private equity backed, live entertainment business which is growing both in the UK and internationally.
The Finance Business Partner role is multi-faceted with the opportunity for someone to make it their own. The role is based in the production office but involves supporting many internal and external stakeholders.
The key element of the role is acting as a key link between the Groups finance community and business partnering staff. Also working with the Executive Director, the production teams, and the outsourced production accountants as necessary.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Finance Director will have the following key responsibilities:
- Prepare annual budget, management accounts and quarterly forecasts to ensure all stakeholders have the information they require for both the central licensing company and all productions worldwide.
- Ensure company and related overseas entities meet UK and local compliance requirements including liaising with external auditors and tax advisors to produce annual audited accounts and corporation tax returns
- Manage the challenges arising from the international nature of the business
- Work closely with the Producers and their representatives and advisors to respond to ad hoc queries
- Work with the Producer, Executive Director and team to deliver annual budget, reforecasts, cash flow forecasts and longer-term strategic plans
- Drive profitability and cash flow management improvement and balance sheet protection
- Ensure monthly management accounts are produced for the Producer and Group Finance
- Ensure audit deliverables for the Group audit are provided for productions on a timely basis
- Provide financial support to the various teams (development, production, sales & marketing) as required to support commercial decision making.
- Review financial projections produced by those teams to ensure that information provided to senior management is robust.
- Work closely with the Executive Director, the production team and the outsourced production accountants to ensure processes are running efficiently and that the appropriate consideration has been given to finance matters (structuring, tax etc)
The ideal candidate:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- An interest in theatre and the arts is essential for this role
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds - we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent for every opportunity through a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.