Engineering Team Leader
£40-43.5K depending on experience
Rotating Day Shift (6-2 / 2-10)
ESB is currently recruiting for a world leading FMCG manufacturing and packaging plant on the outskirts of Nottingham.
The Engineering Team Leader will be responsible and accountable to the Engineering Operations Manager for delivering the implementation and monitoring of engineering best practices, including asset care and improvement programs, develop, motivate and lead the Business Unit engineering team to expand their own knowledge and skills, take accountability for the successful delivery of the department KPI's and strive for continuous improvement, be aware of new technologies and identify where to apply such technology to the benefit of the business, work directly with the NPI / NPD team and be the main point of contact for all new product projects.
This role involves accountability and ownership to deliver the departmental KPI's to ensure maximum line efficiency.
Capable of leading from the front within a team ensuring the efficient running of a continuous production line, manufacturing high quality products, packaged and prepared for delivery in accordance with customer service requirements.
It involves working in and being responsible for ensuring a safe working Packing/manufacturing environment; protective clothing policies, health and safety and hygiene procedures need to be followed.
Scope of Role
* To ensure product quality conformance at all times, delivering to product quality targets, and to ensure GMP is to agreed standards, including hygiene. You will be the Engineering SME for your area during internal / external customer audits e.g. FDA / MHRA and owning any resulting engineering action plans. To ensure compliance for the maintenance of all plant and equipment in your area. Ensuring that the engineering function is always audit ready meeting our regulatory requirements at all times.
* To lead waste reduction across the area to specific targets working with expert business improvement colleagues. Manage an area R&M budget which includes the procurement of spares and services for your area, by ensuring governance for budget control on a weekly and monthly basis. Also required to manage any capital investment and identify and implement cost reduction. Deliver small capital projects and continuous improvement projects on time and on budget. Manage service contracts for your area. Meeting Downtime % target for area.
* To drive productivity and performance of all area assets to deliver agreed targets. To proactively develop and maintain a safe working environment for all staff in the area by promoting safe working practices through auditing, management control and action's NEBOSH/IOSHH managing safety qualified. Track and monitor downtime, responsible for ensuring root cause and putting 100 year fix in place. Accountability for Planned Maintenance compliance.
* To maximize team performance through motivation, training, communication and full involvement of staff with the aim of developing self-managed, flexible and motivated teams with the capability to drive their own performance standards. Manage RCA/FEMA activities and coach and mentor team. Responsible for contractor management and control within your area.
* Apprentice Trained with experience in Manufacturing and packing min level 3 NVQ.
* Production Line experience on high speed packaging equipment in FMCG, Food or Pharmaceutical being KPI focussed.
* Core Skill to be Electrical/Mechanical including some PLC knowledge.
* Strong pneumatic experience with the ability to read drawings and fault find complex problems.
* Work under minimum supervision - self-starter with ability to react quickly.
* Analytical skills with drive to implement improvements.
* Awareness of quality/good manufacturing practice.
* IOSHH/NEBOSH qualification.
* Experience of management of people min 3 years.
* Logical approach to fault finding with good diagnostic skills.
* Good communication skills/Stakeholder management.
* Computer literate in Microsoft office.
* Understands planning, performance, waste, OEE, health and safety metrics.
* Good understanding of PTW systems and contractor control.
* Business unit manager.
* Engineering operations Manager.
* Business Unit technicians.
* Building Services and Utilities Manager.
* Head of Engineering.
* CMMS Compliance Manager.
* Packing and Manufacturing Staff.
This position is double days but will require you to work flexibly according to business requirements