Since 1996, we challenge the code to deliver innovative services & products that make financial opportunities accessible to everyone.
We are now the Swiss leader in online trading
and we deliver our services to + 340'000 clients
who can trade over 3 million products
through performant and secured platforms.
As well as various online trading products (stocks, bonds, funds, derivative products, cryptocurrencies...), we provide Forex, Robo-Advisory and Mortgages solutions.
Join our +800 employees all over the world to accelerate your career in fast-moving
and rock-solid company
As a Finance Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of financial control and client money (CASS Certified Person) of Swissquote Ltd and will held a position designated as "Financial Manager" in the Company and can be given more roles and responsibilities upon company's request.
You are directly responsible for the maintenance of the company's accounts, all internal and external reporting - including financial statements, FCA financial returns, the control and processing of the Company's expenses and analysis of performance against budgets - as well as for the oversight of the operational effectiveness of controls to achieve compliance with CASS.
Thus, you have direct oversight on the department of Finance and Operations and have duty to maintain a good level of performance within each department.
Finally, you report directly to the Head of Sales and Operations, liaise with, and provide reporting to the Group Finance Function as well as to other stakeholders at the Company's parent company.Main responsibilities:
- Prepare and maintain CASS Resolution Pack and Client Money policy and procedures
- Review and validate the company's accounts and month-end closing reports
- Review and validate the monthly financial and management accounts
- Review and validate of FCA regulatory financial returns, FSA001, FSA002, COREP
- Cost control, processing of invoices and payments
- Prepare, review and validate of VAT returns
- Liaison with tax advisors in preparation of corporation tax returns
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts
- Supervision of client money reconciliations and control of Client Money and Asset Return (CMAR)
- Monitoring Operations departments and organize the Regular MI Reports
- Support and closely monitor compliance activities including Policies and CMP
- Reconciliations of balance sheet accounts and corporate bank accounts
- Budget forecasting and monitoring actual costs to budget
- Liaising directly with external auditors and banks as required
- Assist in the provision of reporting to the Board of Directors
- Identifying and implementing process improvements
- Manage the finance and operation teams to ensure task completion and performance goals are met.
- 5 years' experience in financial services/CFD industry
- Educated to Degree level
- Good knowledge and understanding of CASS rulebook
- Previous experience in a role with CASS responsibilities is a nice to have
- Good knowledge of IFRS
- Management and financial reporting
- VAT and corporate tax knowledge
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Fluent English, both written and spoken.
- Any other language a plus
- Ability to interact professionally with staff, able to prioritise workload and be self-sufficient
- Excellent telephone manner, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good management skills
- Able to take proactive action when necessary
- Pays attention to detail
Additional Information Please note all applicants must be based in the UK without the need for a Visa and must be able to prove their right to work in the UK
- Type: Full-time
- Function: Finance