Line of Service
Senior ManagerJob Description & SummaryWho we're looking for
Do you have valuations experience and a passion for the Consumer Industrial Products & Services ("CIPS") sector. Or are you already working in the industry, but looking for an opportunity to develop your career, working with some of the highest profile clients and landmark transactions across the sector?
Do you want to be part of a team in a fast growing valuation business and provide best in class support to PwC's top tier client base? This is a great opportunity to work with a dynamic team and to help shape and grow the business.
Our team has a fantastic role for a confident and proactive senior manager within our Valuation Practice.About our team
Our Valuations business is a thriving, growing and innovative team of individuals who work collaboratively with our clients to value their businesses, shares, financial instruments and intangible and tangible assets. Our clients rely on our valuation insights to make commercial decisions, execute transactions, resolve disputes and meet their regulatory requirements.
Within this Valuations business, the CIPS team provides deep sector expertise to a broad portfolio of clients, ranging from high-growth startups to some of the biggest and most established players globally.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Manager level individual into our Birmingham office. This provides the opportunity for a successful candidate to work in a fast paced business alongside a growing team in a rapidly developing sector.
We are proud of our flexible, caring and supportive team culture, and it is an important aspect of our core values. About the role
The Senior Manager role is an exciting opportunity to help lead a growing team and responsibilities would include owning and growing client relationships as well as managing an enthusiastic junior team. The successful candidate will demonstrate their ability to be proactive and work autonomously, their experience and ability to lead and motivate a team, their ability to coach and develop junior staff and their technical expertise within valuations.
In particular, we are looking for an individual with tax valuation expertise. We support a broad range of private and listed businesses across a broad range of tax valuation needs and consider this to be an area of significant growth.
As commercial advisers and tax valuation specialists we need to fully understand our clients' commercial objectives, the industries in which they operate and a deep understanding of deal structures. We pride ourselves on being the largest dedicated valuations practice in the UK, and the one with the deepest focus on industry specialisms as well as the private equity channel. Our objective is to provide our clients with commercial, pragmatic valuation analysis that draws on industry insight, our deep interaction with various tax authorities and is grounded in technical excellence.Key responsibilities will include
Essential skills and experience
- Leading day to day client relationships on projects
- Leading and overseeing financial modelling assignments as part of the valuation process. You will therefore need to be proficient in Excel with solid financial modelling experience.
- Writing and reviewing valuation reports / analysis. Communicating this analysis to senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Coaching junior staff in a mix of technical valuations skills, industry knowledge and soft skills.
- Keeping in touch with clients and developing new client relationships in the sector
- Ability to deliver high-quality written work
- Well organised and able to prioritise multiple client projects appropriately
- Proficient in Excel
- Strong analytical skills matched by an ability to think creatively
- Keen attention to detail, assimilating large amounts of commercial and financial information in a fast-paced transaction services environment while still being able to see the big picture
- Ability to work effectively in teams, sometimes to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence when interacting with others
- ACA or CFA qualified (although not essential)
- Valuation experience, including valuations of shares, debt and businesses
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:Degrees/Field of Study preferred:Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Required SkillsOptional SkillsDesired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Up to 60%Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
YesGovernment Clearance Required?
NoJob Posting End Date