Line of Service
General Tax ConsultingManagement Level
Senior ManagerJob Description & Summary
Our Real Estate experts sit within our Privately-owned Businesses team, as part of our wider Tax and Legal practice. We provide specialist tax advice for a broad spectrum of clients from large Real Estate Investment Trust's to high net worth individual property owners.
The Southern Region is a key area for the Real Estate industry and leads the firm's input into high worth and complex consulting across major property investors and other specialist organisations. It also contains our specialist knowledge in social housing - traditionally 'not for profit' but now expanding into 'for profit' models.
By joining our team you'll be actively encouraged to consult, to share specialist knowledge and new ideas as we continue to innovate to deliver best in class service. The role
It's a specialist tax role which is flexible between Real Estate tax and general tax consulting.
You will provide advice on a variety of scenarios including:
- Structuring the ownership of property held by commercial investors and social businesses in the UK and overseas;
- All tax aspects of property acquisitions and disposals, including financing and sale & purchase agreements;
- Managing due diligence assignments relating to new property or corporate acquisitions, including the input of specialists in VAT, Stamp and the Construction Industry Scheme;
- Providing advice to group's within the Real Estate Investment Trust ("REIT") regime;
- Reorganising groups to optimise tax efficiency.
You will manage a portfolio of clients, delegating work to and supporting the development of more junior staff and reporting to Engagement Leaders. Essential skills and experience
- ACA/CTA Qualified
- Able to focus on real estate and housing, but build into other areas as necessary.
- Experience across relevant taxes to the role (Corporation Tax, VAT, Stamp Duty Land Tax and Construction Industry Scheme).
- Broad commercial knowledge of the real estate/social business sectors.
- Good client management skills.
- Potential to develop to Director as we are also short of these skills at Partner/Director level.
- You will need strong analytical skills and a proven ability to solve complex problems in a collaborative and creative way.
- You will have experience of project managing and delegating work within a team context.
- You will have a focus on self-development and in the development of others in your teams.
Desirable skills and experience
Leading on tax structuring or tax deals assignments.Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:Degrees/Field of Study preferred:Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Required SkillsOptional SkillsDesired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Up to 20%Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
NoGovernment Clearance Required?
NoJob Posting End Date