Job Title:Executive Director - Operations Manager Job Code:1210206
Location:Hong Kong Client Job Ref: Job Type:Permanent
Post Start Date:19 Jan 2022
Post End Date: Job Summary:ABOUT INSTINET
As the agency-model execution services arm of the Nomura Group, Instinet Incorporated subsidiaries provide brokerage services to clients in over 65 markets around the world. Through its advanced suite of electronic trading strategies, experienced high-touch trading group, top-ranked Commission Management services, award-winning desktop trading platform, and unparalleled access to insightful analytics, content and unique liquidity, Instinet helps institutions lower overall trading costs and ultimately improve investment performance. For more information, please visit www.instinet.com.PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
We currently have a position available in Settlements, positioned locally in Hong Kong. The primary function of this role is drive the Settlements teams in Asia to support the trading desks, in ensuring that the team inputs correct information and updates are maintained in different internal systems and to ensure the team's smooth delivery and execution in a timely manner while maintain proper governance and controls.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for managing all Settlements functions (total of approximately 20 team members across APAC region) for Instinet Services Asia - the middle office operations groups including Clearing & Settlement; Foreign Exchange; Fund Processing; Product Control; etc in Hong Kong and Singapore
- Works alongside with CEO of Asia Pacific to provide inputs and execute the business strategy plan for APAC region.
- Engage and work with sales and relationship management team for current or potential clients
- Helped to provide trading flow from trade execution from the client, trade booking, reconciliation, Daily P&L for financial products
- People management through performance management, career development, and disciplinary actions.
- Makes staffing and hiring decisions and ensures resources are available to accomplish priorities.
- Develop periodic goals, organizes the work, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities, and ensure timely and accurate completion of the work.
- Works with directs and offshore teams in other regions to find operational efficiencies, reduce risk and drive strategic initiatives.
- Coordinates strategic direction of business operational functions and IT development
- Bachelor Degree in Finance/ Economics/ Maths/ Accounting or Business related subject
- Minimum 15 years of experience Middle and Back Office roles with at least 8 years of managerial experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate fluently in English and Mandarin as the role required daily work and communication with internal departments and counterparts in Hong Kong and globally
- Strong analytical skills and ability to thrive under pressure
- Strong leadership skills essential this role will require a self-starter who can manage competing deadlines and can prioritise appropriately
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, with advanced working knowledge of Excel (knowledge of computer language Python or VBA is an advantage)