We are recruiting for a Building & Construction Project Manager for a leading Aerospace organisation based in Filton. This is a hybrid role with 3 days a week onsite and 2 days remote working.
* Develop, update/manage and monitor a project delivery plan.
* Identify and manage risks and opportunities.
* Manage CAPEX business cases from preparation through approval to delivery and project close.
* Develop detailed design briefs for Building Services design for a range of projects including major plant replacement and refurbishment works.
* Skilled and competent in IT tools, able to produce and present documentation, reports, technical analysis, cost reports. Experience in SharePoint / MS Project / G suite highly preferred.
* Application of industry standard design and software
* Liaising with clients, architects and other design team members.
* Preparation of reports, drawings and specifications. Able to prepare and manage project external costs from request through approval to completion
* Developing and maintaining excellent client relationships.
* Project management of suitable projects
* Monitoring of installation works on site and observance of technical compliance and H&S matters.
Skills & Attributes
* Ability to lead, motivate and manage a Multi-Functional Project Team (MFT); including external professional staff, i.e. contract managers, client CDM, QS etc.
* Previous experience ideally within FM as in a senior PM role
* Experience in Capital Investment Project management, and project delivery is required.
* ONC / HNC or equivalent in a Building Engineering Services design-related discipline
* Previous experience of Building Engineering Services Refurbishment in existing buildings with particular emphasis on delivering small to medium sized projects
* Demonstrable experience of taking projects from inception and feasibility, through design and specification to site monitoring and handover.
* Ability to develop client brief into construction requirements, including scopes for External Professionals, i.e. architect, structural engineer, systems designers
* A good practical understanding of mechanical and electrical plant, systems and equipment In relation to engineering design, operation and maintenance across a wide range of sectors and building types
* Previous experience working within a consultancy environment.
* Hold relevant level of professional membership i.e. CIBSE, IMechE, IET
* Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders.
* Responsible for assuring safety, security and ethical compliance i.a.w. company requirements
This is an umbrella contract, The role is Inside IR35