As an Associate, you will represent the organisations best interests in all actions. You will share the organisations common goals and strive to achieve them by actively embracing and contributing to the business's direction set by senior leadership. You will be required to operate collectively, working with and supporting colleagues across geographies and service/skill lines. Most importantly, you will develop a discernible reputation as a talented professional by building relationships and strong client following.
To oversee and take ownership of your operational sector, whilst providing National support and drive, develop and grow revenue and deliver on business development initiatives.
Clients & Marketing
* Identify and implement a plan to develop a client portfolio in keeping with their asset vision and goals.
* Develop and maintain strategic relationships with new and existing clients, actively developing business opportunities. Striving to become a trusted advisor.
* Day-to-day liaison with assigned client representative(s) during an instruction.
* Establish and maintain suitable personal and team profile internally and externally through effective PR and deal promotion. Emulating the Cushman & Wakefield brand values through positive and professional behaviour.
* Manage or contribute to initial discussions, preparation of tender documents, delivering pitches/ presentations and conducting collaborative negotiations
* Ensure projects, reports, etc are delivered accurately on time and in budget
* Strengthen Cushman & Wakefield's integrated portfolio by building links across business groups and global office network and working collaboratively to generate new instructions, pool expertise and provide valuable advice.
* Proactively looks for and is able to target new business and revenue opportunities with new and existing clients. Create opportunity and relationship building strategies to provide clear direction to focus energy and efforts.
* Manage and liaise with internal teams and external consultants to provide a full service to the client acting as a Cushman & Wakefield ambassador.
* Create and implement plans for gathering and acting on client feedback. Closing the loop with client's feedback to allow them to see the progress on required action and changes.
Profit & Finance
* Identify and deliver cross-selling opportunities for other areas of the business. Proactive communication to maximise lead time on the opportunity.
* Contribute to projecting annual fee income via accurate fee forecasting/managing potential fee pipeline.
* Effectively use established systems for debtor and disbursement recovery to secure cash flow and profitability, e.g. billing, debt pricing, costings etc.
* Understanding of product pricing and maintain profitable fee structures.
Operations & Risk
* Ensure own and team's work complies with firm procedures and guidelines (health & safety, quality, risk, professional code of conduct, etc.). Focusing on behaviours as well as task.
* Identify, manage and mitigate risks by implementing plans to review output of quality and risk procedures and achieve clear internal and external audit reports. Analysing results, looking for opportunities to strengthen and enhance systems and processes.
People & Teams
* Provide on-going coaching, mentoring and other development opportunities for direct reports and/or Surveyors/Consultants; conduct performance reviews with direct reports. Inspiring others to achieve more and lead by example whilst ensuring individual welfare is taken care of.
* Keep own knowledge of relevant case law up to date.
* Lead and co-ordinate the work of team on client projects; prioritise activities and delegate on the basis of appropriate expertise and development needs of team. Offering regular balanced feedback and praise.
* Sets and achieves own objectives in line with business plan and line manager.
* Undertake and record the requisite amount of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
* Participate in non-fee-generating activities such as graduate recruitment, L&D, resourcing and support local office social activities
* Ensure consistent client/sector reporting is completed in a timely manner, and is accurate.
Core Knowledge & Experience:
* Proven track record across a variety of property asset classes and client sectors
* Experience in leading projects on time to deliver seamless client experiences. Delegating to the team to ensure the right expertise and experiences are engaged to gain the most from the available resources, time and desired objectives.
* Experience in successfully taking on responsibility of sizeable and complex client instructions
* High level of commercial awareness and a track record of successful business development and client relationship management. Seeking to fully understand the client's world to identify ways to add value and strengthen business relationships. Have the ability to turn challenging relationships into positive working relationships assertively.
* Experience in networking and building harmonious relationships internally and externally.
Skills & Personal Qualities:
Self-driven and focused on making a difference. Proactively looks for solutions to issues to issues and problems, not getting side tracked by internal politics.
Solution-focused, ability to logically establish the root cause to problems.
Self-motivated and passionate with a genuine desire to help others.
The ability to balance stakeholder and business priorities. Have a calm resilience when deadlines clash
Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills, able to intuitively adapt communication approach. Be aware of personal impact and works hard to create a positive personal brand image.
High self-awareness, able to regulate emotions especially during demanding situations.
Ability to think quickly and make decisions when problems arise. Decisively delegating and organising the team to resolve issues smoothly.
A proactive, visionary leader able to manage a team from the front, with direction, enthusiasm and professionalism.
Be able to set and maintain high standards with an eye for detail.
An assertive individual who listens and respects the viewpoints of others whilst expressing their perspective. Working on finding common ground to help build trust and respect