More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
Job Description:NEW GROUND WON'T BREAK ITSELF.
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals.
Our Business Risk Services practice focuses on helping organisation manage risk, improve operational processes and realise strategic objectives. Our team brings together a range of skills and experience across sector specialisms.
Our Business Risk Services (BRS) team, provide clients with support on their internal audit functions, through the provision of tailored, flexible and cost-effective solutions, that provide access to industry best practice methodology, value add insights and subject matter experts. You'll
We're happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, we'll support you to balance your work and life.A look into the role
As a Business Risk Services Senior Manager within our Business Risk Services (BRS) team you will:
Knowing you're right for us
- You'll take ownership and lead on allocated assignments in a way that exceeds client expectations while taking responsibility for managing and developing staff.
- You'll manage a portfolio of existing client relationships and build and maintain good working relationships with all clients and colleagues.
- You'll agree budgets for review with Partner and/or client.
- You'll monitor invoices raised and cash collected in a timely manner to ensure aged debtors don't escalate.
- You'll lead client liaison meetings and attend audit committee meetings
Joining us as a Business Risk Services Senior Manager, the minimum criteria
you'll need is a professional qualification (ACA, ICAS, CA, ACCA or CIPFA) with post qualification experience, and to be confident managing a large portfolio of internal audit clients. It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don't worry if you don't tick every box, we'll help you develop along the way.
Knowing we're right for you
- Experience of managing internal audits of large companies in addition to dealing with complex technical matters
- Extensive experience of using audit software and Microsoft packages
- Experience if internal auditing and the preparation of delivery of presentations
- Experience in attending and leading audit committee and client liaison meetings.
- Experience of reviewing audit planning work
- You'll be proactive rather than reactive in your approach and personal foals are congruent with those of the firm.
- Experience of managing audits
- Able to build extensive and active internal networks which crosses geographical and client service boundaries and contributes to this network to enable others to share their knowledge.
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you'll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That's why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you're with outside of work matter, that's why we're happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we'll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you'll be giving back to society. It's that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We're looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what's right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It's how it should be.
- Location: London (30 Finsbury Square)
- Type: Full time