Senior Manager, Strategy and Transactions - Corporate Finance & Restructuring
Financial Services, Manchester Are you good at seeing the big picture? Then join EY to gain experiences that will last a lifetime.
As a result of an increasing pipeline including a number of transactions within the North, we are looking to establish a Strategy and Transactions team in Manchester, starting with the creation of an M&A team. The team will be initially focused on executing transactions across the UK as an extension of the London based team in addition to being instrumental in establishing a Corporate Finance presence in the North.
EY has a strong presence in Manchester with over 700 people located in our St. Peter's Square office. In 2003 the Financial Services division was started in Manchester and has since grown to over 250 people across Assurance, Tax and Consulting, with ambitions to get to over 400 within the coming 3 years.
We now see a great opportunity to build on our Financial Services success in Manchester through developing out our Strategy and Transactions capability. Over the next 3 years we have ambitions to further grow this into a full transactions offering with up to 20 people across corporate finance, financial diligence, modelling, strategy - all supporting and serving the North with specialist Financial Services transaction advice.The Opportunity
Our Financial Services Corporate Finance & Restructuring team is currently based across London and Bristol and comprises almost 40 individuals advising a range of clients including mid-cap financial institutions, banks, private equity houses and entrepreneurial businesses on strategic/funding option reviews, acquisitions, disposals, raising equity, debt refinancing and restructuring (including non-performing loans, bank resolution, corporate insolvencies, etc.). What you will do
The role will focus on M&A/equity transactions. Working with a Partner or a Director, you will be significantly involved in the execution of transactions while overseeing junior members of the team within the initial M&A team within Manchester:
Skills and attributes for success
- Acting as a key point of contact for clients during the transaction process working closely with investors and other advisors as well as key company management team contacts
- Responsible for ensuring timely delivery of the transaction timetable
- Ensuring quality on all client deliverables
- Critical review of key transaction documentation such as information memorandums, management presentations, financial models, term sheets and discussion materials ensuring documents are of the highest standard before going to the Partner or Director
- Supporting negotiations with counterparties and their advisers
- Developing your own business network with a view to increasing your origination capabilities over the long term
- Playing an important role in the growth and development of the whole team, providing counselling and coaching to junior members of the team
- Supporting new business development, leading the development of pitch documents and taking a role on client pitches where appropriate
As a Senior Manager in Corporate Finance & Restructuring you will require strong experience (6+years) in an investment banking, corporate finance or corporate development environment including experience executing M&A transactions.What we look for
What we offer
- Track-record of executing M&A transactions, ideally in the financial services sector but not necessary.
- Demonstrate confidence in client situations, gaining client acceptance and demonstrating value through advice and sector insight
- Committed to working to tight deadlines, practised at thinking clearly under pressure
- Evidence of production of high quality output
- Committed to working to tight deadlines, practised at thinking clearly under pressure and experienced at maintaining team morale during lengthy and challenging transactions
- Sound commercial judgement and an ability to generate creative solutions to problems and 'think on your feet'.
- Demonstrate strong numerical and financial skills and an understanding of financial statements
- Strong verbal communication and written presentation skills
- High standard of spoken and written English is a prerequisite
- Counselling/coaching experience is desirable
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build. Apply now. EY | Building a better working world
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.