Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
The Client Portfolio Manager candidate is a senior public asset class specialist, who can convey the complexities of the Global Fixed Income and Equity markets and position the Nuveen Equities and Fixed Income (NEFI) platform to investors, due diligence analysts and the Nuveen sales team. This person will interact primarily with the European based sales team regarding all Nuveen strategies and will have a deep knowledge of public security markets, the Nuveen platforms and all investment capabilities. Initial focus will lean more toward Fixed Income, but strong knowledge of equity markets and capabilities will also be essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Act as a Europe based extension of the Client Portfolio Management teams, provide insight and expertise to support NEFI business development.
• Build credibility with internal business development and investment team colleagues through preparation, execution, and interpersonal skills
• Accountable for maintaining distribution focus on the equities and fixed income platforms as well as driving assets under management
• Proactively partner with distribution teams to identify prospective clients and opportunities
• Serve as the subject matter expert for investment-related questions and coverage for prospective investors, clients, and sales people
• Stay current on industry developments and Nuveen products
• Partner with product management and the investment team on product development ideas and initiatives and provide feedback to the U.S. based Client Portfolio Management teams on market dynamics and prospect/client demands.
• Participate in industry events, such as panels, speeches and custom events
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university; CFA and/or MBA or equivalent preferred
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in the financial services industry
• Experience working with institutional investors and investment consultants
• Strong client service and sales orientation
• Excellent communication, client-facing and business management skills
• Effective ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects independently and simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities and timelines
• A genuine team player that believes in the power of collaborative work and builds relationships with co-workers in a collegial and respectful manner
• Ability to establish and build effective working relationships with internal and external clients
• Familiarity with institutional clients such as private and public pension plans, insurance companies, and endowments
• The ability to think strategically and creatively and connect broad ideas with detailed execution
• Willingness and ability to travel extensively
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, listed equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here to access the Applicant Privacy Notice.
Job number: R210800057
Date posted : 2022-05-06
Employment type: Full_time