More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
Job Description:NEW GROUND WON'T BREAK ITSELF.
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals. We are looking to add a Head of Tax Policy role to our growing tax practice as it grows from strength to strength. The successful applicant will work with the Senior Leadership team members responsible for tax and for quality and reputation to form Grant Thornton house "views" on matters of tax policy.
We're happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, we'll support you to balance your work and life. A look into the role
As our Head of Tax Policy, you will be responsible for:
Knowing you're right for us
- Managing Grant Thornton's involvement in any other external industry or HMRC Groups where this is led by other partners / directors (such as membership of the thin capitalization committee) to ensure that our messaging is aligned and that relevant information is disseminated to the tax practice. To include regular updates to the tax practice on activity in the policy space at internal seminars and in newsletters / knowledge management.
- Working with National Tax Office and specialists within the practice to ensure that Grant Thornton prepares responses to relevant consultation documents issued by HM Treasury and co-ordination of the consultation response process. To include monitoring for any new consultations issued by HM Treasury, referring them to relevant specialists and leading discussions to determine whether / how the firm should respond.
- Working to develop links at HM Treasury, HMRC and central government to ensure that the firm's voice is heard on key matters impacting our clients
- Drafting press coverage, subject to review by Head of Tax and our PR team, on technical matters and points of interest
Joining us as a Head of Tax Policy, the minimum criteria you'll need is a professional qualification (ACA, ICAS, CA, ACCA or CTA) with post qualification experience in a tax policy advisory role. It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don't worry if you don't tick every box, we'll help you develop along the way.
Knowing we're right for you
- Experience of delivering training to Partners and Directors
- An excellent practical and theoretical understanding of current tax policies
- Experience of drafting press coverage on technical matters and points of interest
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you'll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That's why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work. Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you're with outside of work matter, that's why we're happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we'll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you'll be giving back to society. It's that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We're looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what's right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It's how it should be.
- Location: London (30 Finsbury Square); Manchester (Landmark); Bristol (2 Glass Wharf)
- Type: Full time