Senior Design Engineer (Bridges)
The Senior Design Engineer will play an important role in a small team of engineers and technicians to design and deliver a range of projects and functions to maintain this vital asset, to agreed budgets and programmes.
* Lead the preparation of designs for a wide variety of bridge replacement, strengthening and maintenance schemes in close collaboration with our client to identify and meet the project objectives.
* Work closely with project managers, our commercial and construction teams to plan and implement these schemes from 'start to finish' within budget and to programme, and in compliance with quality, safety and environmental objectives, including liaison with internal and external stakeholders.
* Line manage and/or mentor some staff within the team, ensuring work is planned and undertaken safely and efficiently.
* Assist in other structures asset management activities such as principal and special inspections, structural assessments, maintenance prioritisation, and sub-standard structures reviews.
* Work closely with project managers and other local team members to provide technical support to a variety of highway and transport schemes.
* Assist in the training and development of our trainee and graduate engineers.
We're looking for:
* Substantial experience in highway structures inspection, maintenance, design, asset management and construction.
* Experience of working collaboratively with clients, contractors, stakeholders and multidisciplinary design teams.
* Good working knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges/Specification for Highway Works/Eurocodes relating to the design and maintenance of highway structures.
Setsquare is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Setsquare is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy