We have an exciting opportunity available for a Contracts Manager
to join our team.The Contracts Managerrole:
This is a unique opportunity to join the Crick Legal, Governance and Compliance team on a short-term contract. It is a busy role in a friendly team where collegiality, professionalism and attention to detail are key. You will provide high quality contract management support working collaboratively with other Crick teams and external parties as necessary. You will primarily support research contracts but also have a chance to work on operational contracts and to help establish best practice and new ways of working within the team.Responsibilities of our Contracts Manager:
Experience we are looking for in our Contracts Manager:
- Client care & advice: Take instructions, manage expectations and keep internal clients briefed on progress. Advise science and non-science staff on commercial/contract law. Identify risk within the Crick's risk appetite, balance competing interests (such as protecting academic freedom to operate) and protect opportunities for translation of our discoveries and knowledge transfer. Maintain excellent
- Contracts Management: Prepare, review, draft and negotiate contracts using templates - complying with internal policies, governance, best practice and applicable legislation. Prepare contract reports and briefing documents and facilitate signature. You will take the lead, with supervision as you need, or work alongside a member of the team.
- Legal Operations: Keep matter files organised and up-to-date using e-signature and knowledge management platforms and on-line workspaces. Help develop and maintain templates, contracting processes and other new ways of working.
- Research & Governance: Undertake research, help develop and organise knowhow.
- Graduate (or equivalent). Degree preferably in life sciences.
- Solid experience of providing effective contract management support in a busy department - reviewing, drafting and negotiating a high volume of contracts.
- Sound knowledge of law and legal system. Confident research skills.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills, able to prioritise competing demands and tight deadlines. Experience of handling a varied workload and prioritising tasks. Methodical approach to work and excellent attention to detail.
- A self-starter who is able to work with some supervision. Confident to take on unfamiliar tasks and to learn on the job. Shows problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Confident use of technology (eg Microsoft, document management and e-signature platforms, Dropbox, Sophia, Slack, ServiceNow & Trello etc).
- Excellent interpersonal skills (eg tact, integrity, confidentiality, patience) and able to get on well with all levels of staff.
- Communicates effectively with a concise, compelling writing style and strong written accuracy. Able to present complex information in clear and simple communications to all levels of the organisation. Good legal drafting skills.
- A team player who is flexible, motivated and resilient and works effectively in a collegiate environment. Acts authentically and consistently.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Contracts Manager,
please click 'apply' today, we'd love to hear from you!
All offers of employment are subject to successful security screening (including enhanced DBS check) and continuous eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.