Purchasing Manager - Nottingham Area £75,000 - £85,000 + Package
CDH Search & Selection Ltd are working with a well-known business in Nottingham, who are looking for a Purchasing Manager to manage the purchasing team. In this key role for the business you will be responsible for leading a team of buyers who are sourcing, purchasing and maintaining supplier relationships.
You will need to have experience working in the retail or wholesale sector with experience of working with national suppliers, purchasing finished goods, preferably Electrical or Mechanical products.
• Sourcing new products and review contract terms, negotiating ongoing optimum terms with new and existing suppliers and influencing suppliers to achieve best market value
• Develop an inventory management strategy with a view to improving stock accuracies and be accountable for cost, quality, reliability, and delivery of products sourced, and demonstrate strategic cost saving, improving on time delivery, lead time reduction and effective inventory control
• Develop and own appropriate departmental KPIs to ensure performance and improvement is measured and acted on
• Control purchase of products, capital, and non-capital lines as per the store replenishment requirements or sales forecasts and expediting orders once placed.
• Optimise stock turnover by ensuring adequate/frequent ordering and liaising with suppliers to provide product sales forecasts
• Ongoing monitoring of product failure rates and negotiate resolution with suppliers
• Produce ad hoc reports as required by the Director
• Occasional travel and overnight stays will be required
In Return: • My client offers a fantastic basic salary, dependant on experience - Circa 70-80k • This role will be office based working Monday to Friday 8.30-6. • Permanent role If you are a Purchasing Manager looking for a new exciting role click apply today