A health charity is looking for a Compliance Manager to ensure that the charity complies with both its donor compliance requirements and internal corporate policies.
The role involves supporting the charity's UK and international offices in implementing strong compliance practices in a range of areas including but not limited to data protection, due diligence and anti-dishonesty and bribery practices. It is also anticipated that the individual will have day to day co-ordination of a data protection project in some of charity's offices.
The Compliance Manager will be closely involved in the compliance programme and will seek to enhance and strengthen the current processes so that the charity can ensure robust compliance with donor and all regulatory requirements whilst reducing risk.
- Ensure legal and compliance policies and guidance are kept up-to-date and are widely available to all staff globally.
- Support and guide on policy interpretation and implementation including providing training as needed.
- Monitor uptake of training in the UK and internationally.
- Develop or update targeted training materials on key compliance matters to ensure core understanding is delivered to different teams and in different country contexts.
- Provide advice on areas of donor compliance, including the charity's compliance with the UN Global Compact and Anti-Trafficking legislation, liaising with MSI Reproductive Choices legal team as required.
- Manage and maintain charity's due diligence and related registers.
- Undertake statutory due diligence checks in line with donor and national regulations prior to contracting.
- Provide advice and support to internal teams on due diligence processes as and when needed.
- Conduct and record vetting checks for partners, suppliers, staff and consultants.
- Experience working for a busy legal or compliance department (whether in an organisation or a law firm)
- Excellent computer skills - must be highly proficient at Word, Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Experience in creating e-learning modules very much preferred
- Excellent organisational and record keeping skills
- Excellent research skills