2824 - Reporter (Finance)- London (hybrid) - Perm - c£24-£27,500
A leading fintech company are looking for a new Reporter.
As an enthusiastic team player, the successful candidate will be part of the friendly and ambitious editorial team. The role involves writing news and research articles about investments, drawing together industry contacts, investment data, news releases and third-party research to explain what's happening in the market.
Investment might sound like a complicated subject matter, but we would welcome a reporter new to the area who is keen to learn from our in-house training and the support of the wider business.
The most important thing is that you have boundless curiosity, an interest in finance and a passion for quality journalism.
You will be a self-starter who is brimming with fresh ideas and keen to innovate. We have a collaborative environment, where we bounce ideas off each other and work together to develop some of the industry's best content. We don't just want you to churn out press release after press release - you will be encouraged to run with any ideas for new story formats, pieces of research or editorial products with as much support as you need.
In this role, you will eventually become equally comfortable interrogating a fund manager running billions of pounds as you will analysing a spreadsheet looking for market trends. This isn't as intimidating as it sounds! Investment is a truly interesting area, full of talented and friendly people, and you will be crafting journalism that is unique in our industry.
* Covering investment, market and economic news
* Writing longer features on funds and investments
* Building a strong contacts book and representing our client as a core member of the company's public-facing staff
* Supporting the continued growth through new content ideas, promotion on social media and helping to build the audience
Key Skills and Attributes
* Previous experience or qualification in journalism is preferred, but not essential. You don't have to know anything about investments on day one or be a seasoned news hound - just be eager to learn
* Strong writing skills, confidence with numbers and an ability to work to deadlines. We want someone who loves writing and is passionate about crafting interesting, engaging articles for their readers
* Excellent interpersonal skills. You will be dealing with people at all levels within the asset management industry, including some of the best fund managers in the country and CEOs of the industry's biggest firms
Competitive reward package, role full-time (37½ hours per week) split between our London office and home