Global Procurement Associate DirectorRole Type:
6 Month Contract - Hybrid - 2/3 Days in Office per weekLocation:
As a category-owner within the Global Procurement function you will develop and deploy global category strategies and plans for the Talent Acquisition area. You will be accountable for the overall area which includes the subcategories of Permanent Recruitment, Temporary Resources, Background Screening Services and Recruitment Advertising.
You will have accountability for leading both demand and supply side activities. You will need to collaborating with Procurement colleagues in each of the regions, you will understand demand and requirements from the local company Marketing Companies to ensure the category strategy is truly global. Additionally, you will need to work closely with Procurement colleagues in the Source-to-Contract team in Warsaw to ensure that opportunities within the category are maximised and executed in an agile way.
There are several key initiatives that will form the focus for this role in the short and medium term. These include classification of external workers; optimising the partnership we have with our Managed Service Providers; embedding sustainability within the category; and integration of strategy and processes following the recent acquisition of another globally recognised pharmaceutical brand.Key Deliverables
- Develop long term (5 year) strategic plans for the entire spend area. Ensure a fully integrated and customer-aligned category plan that incorporates local and regional needs.
- Manage customer and supplier relationships to ensure that Category Strategies are highly aligned to current and future Business needs and that the supply base is capable of supporting these strategies.
- Oversee implementation of category plan to ensure that the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with the strategic plans. Collaborate across the ONE Procurement network as required to deliver this.
- Strategic relationship management (customer and supplier) - to ensure that Category Strategies are highly aligned to current and future Business need and that the supply base is capable of supporting these strategies.
- Work alongside the Global Procurement Services (GPS) team in Warsaw to execute sourcing and contracting activities in alignment with the category strategy and plan.
- Coordinate the introduction of new and modified services with appropriate departments
- Advise on contracts and agreements for the supply of complex services with new and existing suppliers
- Develop, evaluate and manage internal and external relationships with suppliers and other cross-functional teams.
- Degree level or equivalent qualifications
- Significant experience in similar environment at management level
- Project management, change management and people management skills
- Technical expertise in at least one Procurement area, and competence in several others
- Communication skills and ability to influence others
- Comfort with risk and ambiguous situations
What You'll Get In Return
- Experience of working within Indirects, preferably HR categories.
- Good working knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
- Understanding of GDPR (UK) and data privacy risks.
- Understanding of off-payroll working rules (IR35) in the UK
Flexible & Remote Working!
Competitive Daily Rate
Work and develop under a globally recognised pharmaceutical company
Pioneering technology and systems to support
What You Need To Do Now:
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
We embrace diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team regardless of their characteristics. We align with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.