We are currently recruiting for a Civil Engineer for one of our key clients within the Utilities Services sector in the Falkirk area to coordinate, plan and organise maintenance and upkeep of their site. Client Details
Our client specialises in contract manufacturing and site services to their customers who stretch from all industries. Description
- The role holder will coordinate, plan and organise maintenance and upkeep of the site infrastructure by providing a safe, continually improving and cost effective service to meet the needs of the client and by acting as first point of contact for service level agreements to 3rd parties where appropriate.
- The jobholder will have a hands-on management style on site, dealing with front line issues in conjunction with the Asset Manager.
- As a manager within a top tier COMAH site, you will be responsible for delivery and improvement of SHE, Quality, Availability and Performance
- Plan and coordinate civil operations to ensure the maintenance schedule is achieved within the agreed time scales and budget
- Ensure civil engineering issues are diagnosed, reported and dealt with in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure the contractors used have the correct level of competence to maintain and improve performance issues and the correct metrics are in place to measure performance.
- Manage specific maintenance and service contracts and ensure delivery of service is of good quality and value for money
- Act as the signatory of civil engineering changes and approving design and technical specifications
- Degree educated within Civil Engineering is essential
- You must have a wide knowledge and understanding of the construction and contracting industry and influence a range of contractors in order to persuade them to adopt new practices, which have the potential to save significant costs for the company.
- Iis essential that you have extensive experience of working within a manufacturing environment.
- It would be beneficial if you have knowledge of chemical plants
- You will have experience as a first line manager and be able to demonstrate the ability to develop your team
- You will have a strong grasp of Continuous Improvement and Change Management theory and have experience of implementing significant improvements in a manufacturing environment
Excellent salary + benefits dependent on experience.