Knowledge of Steel/ Metalwork an advantage.
Salary - (phone number removed) DOQ
Location - Hawkinge, Kent
A well-established Steel fabrication/Engineering company are seeking a Trainee/assistant estimator. The successful candidate will be part of a friendly professional organisation, who will encourage and develop your personal career and aspirations within the company.
Your responsibilities will include but not limited too
* Assisting the Project managers
* Downloading/ printing drawings and specifications
* Identifying and listing materials onto spreadsheets in readiness for review by contracts manager to final quotation submission
* Sourcing costs for materials
* Liaising with clients estimating dept regarding any queries etc.
* Assisting with site surveys
Additional training will be given
What do we need from you?
The ideal candidate will include but not limited too.
* Excellent computer skills and be conversant with standard Microsoft applications, including word, excel and outlook
* Willingness to work in dynamic, but often demanding office environment
* good telephone manner and good client interface.
* Highley presentable
* High degree of initiative
* Must be able to demonstrate your proficiency in maths
* Technical knowledge and experience in the industry would be preferred, but not essential as training will be given.
If you think you have what it takes and like the sound of working in a friendly professional environment then we would love to hear from you