Sound United was founded in 2012 with a simple mission - to bring joy to the world through sound. Today, we're one of the world's largest portfolio audio companies and home to several legendary audio brands - Bowers & Wilkins, Denon, Marantz, Polk Audio, Classé, Definitive Technology. Each brand boasts its own philosophy and unique approach to bringing home entertainment to life.
Our Bowers & Wilkins award-winning headphones, loudspeakers and wireless audio systems combine engineering innovation and harmonious design that delight music lovers around the world. At the forefront of high-performance audio technology for more than 50 years, Bowers & Wilkins has earned countless awards and accolades from some of the most influential and important publications, musicians, recording studios, and music labels including Abbey Road Studios, Skywalker Studios, BMI, and Hollywood Records. Our valued relationships with BMW, McLaren Automotive, Maserati and Volvo Cars, has allowed us to push the boundaries of premium in-car audio systems. We have also delivered award-winning sound performance with Philips TV in their range of OLED+ televisions.
Main purpose of the Job:
Sound United is seeking an AP Manager/Treasurer to support our premier Bowers & Wilkins UK manufacturing site in Worthing, West Sussex. The plant manufacturers Bowers & Wilkins 800 Series Diamond and Nautilus loudspeakers.
The AP Manager/Treasurer will be the key Finance person, responsible for reporting on Cash Flow to the Global Treasurer and managing the timing of processing supplier invoices and their payments. This is a highly visible role and is a valued member of the global finance organization at Sound United.
- Manages and supervises the accounts payable department.
- Ensures that systems, policies, and procedures adhere to company policies while functioning with accuracy and timeliness.
- Ensures that the accounts payable and the company's financial obligations are met efficiently.
- Keep track of the company's financial expenditures and provide reports as and when requested by supervisors.
- Oversee all electronic payment transactions.
- Will oversee data entry, validation, and processing of various types of invoices
- Keeps track of the status of all transactions taking place within the company and external vendors and contractors.
- Standardize procedures to generate efficiency in-house and create internal templates to be used by the company.
- Be active on the customer service front and be quick and accurate with communication.
- Forecast cash requirements based on payables becoming due throughout a multinational group and liaise with group treasury
Areas of accountability:
- Spend Analysis and Control
- Fixed Assets and Working Capital
Required Skill Sets:
- Problem-solving capabilities.
- SAP experience a strong advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with employees, superiors, and customers.
- Strong analytical and time management skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Well planned, organized with keen attention to detail.
About Sound United
With centuries of collective experience, Sound United oversees the design and manufacture of a diverse array of premium audio products, including loudspeakers, sound bars, AV receivers, wireless speakers, amplifiers, turntables, and headphones. We create distinct and memorable listening experiences for a wide range of consumers in more than 130 countries. For more information on Sound United and our mission, please visit .
Why Sound United:
Taking premium brands to new heights. With manufacturing, supply chains, distribution channels and employees in Japan, the United States, Europe and other parts of Asia, Sound United has a global face and a sales presence in over 130 countries.
High visibility, broad impact. This is a high growth, changing environment, and you will have the opportunity to really make an impact on our systems and processes and how we enhance them. In addition to being exposed to new projects and learning new skills, this role also positions you to interact with a variety of departments, teams and leadership groups on a global basis.
Great time to join. We are proud to provide premium audio/video experiences to both commercial and consumer markets and, we're experiencing healthy growth. When you've proved yourself a star and are ready for the next career step, the opportunities will be there.
Cultural experience. You will have regular exposure to many cultures. We're in over 130 countries, so you're not just focused on one culture, but will enjoy working with many.
Building on success. Our growing portfolio of premium audio and video products delivers the best in design, technology, innovation and performance to a variety of customers who seek to enrich the moment with pure sound and vision. Our well-respected products continuously win industry awards and accolades. Under new senior leadership we are investing in growth and expanding our product lines, distribution channels and markets, making this an exciting time to be part of the "new Sound United."
Excellent compensation, benefits and work environment. In addition to a competitive salary, attractive incentive program, we offer a collaborative and open work environment and professional development opportunities. Join SOUND UNITED and let's build an even greater company together!